Author Topic: PIAUDIO BETABUSS  (Read 31062 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
PIAUDIO BETABUSS
« on: March 27, 2018, 11:26:54 AM »
   Well, well, well another surprise from our power Guru Dave. If you use Ubers, Digibuss, Minbuss, etc this is for you. Plug into a branch circuit and be very happy. Actually improves on any electrical system.
  Subtle at first however after some listening to familiar music it has the ability to provide more information. Meaning noise you had is now GONE.
  Image of instrument or vocal is now better focused. Solid image. Sound stage has a bit more depth with 3D artifacts. The biggest surprise is that our TV has more color and more focused picture.
  Not crazy but our Refrigerator is quieter. My Wife said so not me.  :thumb:  Demo time.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
Re: PIAUDIO BETABUSS
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 12:05:53 PM »
Ok, so have a DigiBUSS and UberBUSS for the front end and BlunderBUSS and MiniBUSS for the amps in the system now with TWL's power cables. 

What would the BetaBUSS do in that case? 

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 01:10:25 PM »
Ok, so have a DigiBUSS and UberBUSS for the front end and BlunderBUSS and MiniBUSS for the amps in the system now with TWL's power cables. 

What would the BetaBUSS do in that case?
Rich, you use it on the opposite branch circuit (phase, other side of the panel... whatever) to address the noise on that branch.  It is about further noise reduction on the Neutral as well as RFI on that branch.  The effects are not that subtle since the thigh bone is connected to the hip bone that stabilizes both legs.  Audio humor there.   8)

Again, more useable power under the curve on the opposite branch can't hurt, either.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 02:18:09 PM »
Got it.

Will see if I can access the opposite phase of the one the listening room is on. 

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 02:39:48 PM »
Inquiring minds want to know... more!   Pics, prices, availability,... I've yet to see a Dave product I didn't like  :drool:

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 05:41:24 PM »
Inquiring minds want to know... more!   Pics, prices, availability,... I've yet to see a Dave product I didn't like  :drool:

+1
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 07:16:36 PM »
Got it.

Will see if I can access the opposite phase of the one the listening room is on.
Just find a room that is on the other side of the panel, plug one in, shut the door and go away.  You have half of the circuits on each side.  Shouldn't be too hard.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 07:17:38 PM »
I'll have pictures and details in a day or 6.  Busy right now.

Hang in, Mike...

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 04:42:41 AM »
Got it.

Just find a room that is on the other side of the panel, plug one in, shut the door and go away.  You have half of the circuits on each side.  Shouldn't be too hard.

You cannot assume that because a breaker is on the opposite side of the panel physically that it is on the opposite phase electrically. The two phases are not wired one to the right side of the box and one to the left. On each side of the box every other breaker down the column is the opposite phase so that you can snap in a ganged dual breaker to wire up a 240 circuit across both phases for things like an electric stove or a large central air conditioning unit.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 08:01:12 AM »
Got it.

You cannot assume that because a breaker is on the opposite side of the panel physically that it is on the opposite phase electrically. The two phases are not wired one to the right side of the box and one to the left. On each side of the box every other breaker down the column is the opposite phase so that you can snap in a ganged dual breaker to wire up a 240 circuit across both phases for things like an electric stove or a large central air conditioning unit.
Got it.  Will check the panel positions and connect accordingly.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2018, 10:35:27 AM »
Got it.

What you said. Again - oversimplification on my part and my bad. :shock:

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2018, 08:23:57 AM »
OK the BetaBuss has been in for some time now. When one unplugs the Beta that is when you realize the affect. I still cannot believe the Refrig is quieter and our TV picture is better.
BTW Daves polished graphene treated duplex receptacle is another winner. More focus and meat on the bone.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 11:45:37 AM »
I guess I missed something along the way, but how do you know where to plug it in?
PS I am not an electrician
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2018, 07:15:00 PM »
OK, Dave said we'd hear more in a day or 6 and that was at least 5 days ago, so hopefully soon.

Charles, thanks for the report.   Can't wait to hear more.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 07:51:07 PM »
OK, Dave said we'd hear more in a day or 6 and that was at least 5 days ago, so hopefully soon.

Charles, thanks for the report.   Can't wait to hear more.
Been busy securing all of the suppliers needed and finalizing the design.  Sometimes the wheels run slow getting back to a small guy like me.  Sigh...

Here are the specs:

Same old ugly black box to hide somewhere.

Same size as a MinBUSS or DigiBUSS - 7.125" x 5.375" x 3.875

12ga 18" pigtail terminated with a Furutech FI-11Cu Edison plug

Introductory price is $349.00 + $15.00 shipping in the continental USA

Of course there are options for NEMA Edison plugs from the Furutech range, but since this is designed for the branch circuit opposite from the system branch I'm not sure how advantageous putting a $406.00 FI FI-52M NCF plug will be.  If that floats your goat I'll be happy to do so... just be advised.

The results are subtle in some systems, not so subtle in others.  As always the 30 day 100% Money Back Guarantee is applicable.

I like it.  There is just another bit of haze and glare gone after break-in.  BI takes about 7-10 days.  The effects are really noticeable after having it in circuit for about a week and then taking it out.  When we are talking about ancillary noise reduction it kinds of creeps up on you.

Oh, yeah.  Like Charles, our fridge is quieter and the TV is just sharper with blacker blacks.  That is where  noise manifests itself the most in video.

Taking orders now.