Author Topic: One of the latest...  (Read 6311 times)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
One of the latest...
« on: November 14, 2018, 07:18:10 PM »
I like this one.  So does my friend/client   :thumb:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 07:22:13 PM by P.I. »
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline satfrat

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
Re: One of the latest...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 10:33:18 PM »
Nice work Dave,,,, as usual. Getting old with health issues arising sucks,,, I know the feeling (minus your talent). Keep on truckin' dude~!

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

Offline dpatters

• Seeking Help
  • Audiofool in Happy Valley
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 01:31:24 AM »
Good morning everyone.  The custom UberBuss was built for me by Dave.  I will be installing it today as the snow flies here in Central PA.  The new Uber will be replacing a standard UberBuss and DigiBuss I have had installed the last few years.  They will be being put up for sale in a week or so.

The new Uber is a combination UberBuss/DigiBuss that will accommodate all of my audio and video components. The walnut burl veneer was made to match the finish of my Vapor Audio Joule Blacks and it looks fantastic. :thumb:

Don P.
Vapor Audio Joule Black
Kinki Studio EX-B7 mono amps
Kinki Studio EX-P7 preamp
Jay’s Audio CD-2MKII transport
Jay’s Audio DAC Signature
Music Hall MMF 7.1/Ortofon 2M Black MM
Graham Slee Gold Era Mark V phono pre
TWL Full Loom
Totally custom UberBUSS

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 04:29:31 AM »
Wow Dave, I am one of those guys who always says "It's not a piece of art, it's audio gear. Who cares what it looks like as long as it sounds good." (A view that not surprisingly, is not shared by my wife....)  But that maple burl finish really made me sit back and take notice. Outstanding job!

As for the health. issues, hang in there buddy. I had a boss back when I was in college who told us that old age was not for sissies. Back then we thought he was tryig to be a comedian, not I am starting to realize that he was a visionary.  :roll:

But as much as getting old, sucks, it still beats the alternative.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline dflee

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 09:08:59 AM »
Flat out gorgeous.
Normally I'd say hope it sounds as good as it looks but in this case
I know it will. I didn't know Dave had it in him to make it look as
good as it sounds. With twelve outlets, is it 20 amp? How many
outlets are runnin through the DIGI section?

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 10:14:08 AM »
Good morning everyone.  The custom UberBuss was built for me by Dave.  I will be installing it today as the snow flies here in Central PA.  The new Uber will be replacing a standard UberBuss and DigiBuss I have had installed the last few years.  They will be being put up for sale in a week or so.

The new Uber is a combination UberBuss/DigiBuss that will accommodate all of my audio and video components. The walnut burl veneer was made to match the finish of my Vapor Audio Joule Blacks and it looks fantastic. :thumb:

Don P.
Don, thank you and THANK YOU for hanging in with me as I struggled with that evil raw, unbacked black walnut burl!  I'll be making my own paper back from now on when presented with difficult veneers.

I hope that you  find it rocking your system moreso than the last pair of BUSSes.  Ther are several new improvements incorporated along with the RFI absorbing Uber Puertos  - Anand named the new versions of the P&S 5362A receptacles that I've been working on for a few months.  Eliminating cabling and making all of the connecting runs short present antenna lengths that are much shorter than the power cables do.

Enjoy, my friend!

Uber Puerto - I'm not sure if the mixing of the languages is PC, but I don't care   :rofl:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 10:15:30 AM »
Wow Dave, I am one of those guys who always says "It's not a piece of art, it's audio gear. Who cares what it looks like as long as it sounds good." (A view that not surprisingly, is not shared by my wife....)  But that maple burl finish really made me sit back and take notice. Outstanding job!

As for the health. issues, hang in there buddy. I had a boss back when I was in college who told us that old age was not for sissies. Back then we thought he was tryig to be a comedian, not I am starting to realize that he was a visionary.  :roll:

But as much as getting old, sucks, it still beats the alternative.
Thank you, sir!  Your boss was prophet!

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 10:19:42 AM »
Flat out gorgeous.
Normally I'd say hope it sounds as good as it looks but in this case
I know it will. I didn't know Dave had it in him to make it look as
good as it sounds. With twelve outlets, is it 20 amp? How many
outlets are runnin through the DIGI section?

Don
Finish is Tru-Oil gunstock finis with some poorly chosen intermediate coats of anothe material that was a PITA.  The Tru-Oil was sanded to 3000 grit and then buffed out.  I learned a LOT doing this and was reminded to NEVER mix finishing systems.

All of my products are 20A capable, one of the reasons for the 5362A Spec receptacles.  The two receptacles closest to the FI-06NCF inlet are Digi circuit.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 10:22:45 AM »
Nice work Dave,,,, as usual. Getting old with health issues arising sucks,,, I know the feeling (minus your talent). Keep on truckin' dude~!

Cheers,
Robin
Robin, R Cobb is one of my favorites from the 60's and 70's.   :thumb: 

I did retire the truck and bought a small SUV, so .......   ;)

Hope you are doing well.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 11:20:03 AM »
I like this one.  So does my friend/client   :thumb:

Wow.... 👏👍
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 12:22:09 PM »
Looks stunning. How much is it ? How much without wood finish ?

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 01:35:48 PM »
Looks great Dave!   :thumb:

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 08:49:55 PM »
Looks stunning. How much is it ? How much without wood finish ?

charles
With the new spec receptacles and Digi circuitry :   $1650.00.

Cheap in anyone’s cost/performance consideration.

Black walnut burl adds about a million dollars, but that cost will likely go down.   :rofl:

It took me a long time to not be stupid applying the veneer and finish.  I’ll heal up soon.  :thumb:

Offline dpatters

• Seeking Help
  • Audiofool in Happy Valley
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2018, 03:07:24 AM »
First of all I would like to thank everyone for all of the great comments and to Dave for jumping in and answering the questions that were posted.  I was busy most of the day tearing down my system.  I cleaned all of the connections on my gear and cabling.  I then applied Dave's graphene treatment.  I installed the new UberBuss and got everything back together. Dave had previously burnt this in for me, so after about four hours or so things really settled in.  Wow!! I knew the new receptacles were improved along with some other things but I really wasn't expecting to hear much improvement in SQ.  Hard to describe but once more, noise I didn't even notice before was gone. The sound just sort of explodes out of a very black background.  I would even say that dynamics are noticeably improved.  I would have liked to be able to evaluate the graphene treatment on it's own, but it was impractical considering the effort it takes to completely tear down the system.

The walnut Burl finish wasn't part of our initial discussion on my requirements, but came up through conversing with Dave.  Neither of us realized how difficult that would turn out  Because of this the project took some extra time to complete, but in the end it exceeded my expectations Thanks again Dave for the herculean effort :thumb:

BTW about 10 inches of snow here in Happy Valley.  Yikes!!

Don P.
Vapor Audio Joule Black
Kinki Studio EX-B7 mono amps
Kinki Studio EX-P7 preamp
Jay’s Audio CD-2MKII transport
Jay’s Audio DAC Signature
Music Hall MMF 7.1/Ortofon 2M Black MM
Graham Slee Gold Era Mark V phono pre
TWL Full Loom
Totally custom UberBUSS

Offline Folsom