Author Topic: P.I audio group future...  (Read 5532 times)

Offline steve

• Audiologist
Re: P.I audio group future...
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 04:31:59 AM »
I know where you are coming from Dave. Hope you will maximize your peace and enjoy life.

Although I am so blessed with an incredible preamplifier line during my working years,
after I retired is when I made the greatest strides with my monoblock amps and a pair of
home designed speakers, phono stage as well. No pressure, just enjoying life, which I hope you do as well.

Continue to tinker at your leisure, lower your blood pressure, grab a beer, and enjoy the music, Dave.

All the best.

steve
Thanks, Steve. I get it, finally. 

We beat our brains out trying to build the best gear that we can of too little money and deal with our original price fixing seemingly forever.

All I have wanted to do in this insane industry is bring what I have found that works for me to others at a reasonable price to the end consumer.  Given that I have an overall return rate of less than 0.3% I consider what I have done to be a success.  I just wish I had made more $$$, but that was never my main goal.  Contribution to the art of reproduction has been what drives me.  Still does.  It is just that my semi-retirement is in semi-retirement. I always appreciate a challenge!

A brandy at the end of a long day while listening to great music with my lovely bride Gayle is the absoute best.

Rock on, Brother, :thumb:

2 Thumbs up P.I.

Steve
Steve Sammet (Owner, Electron Eng, SAS Audio Labs, Ret)
SAS "V" 39pf/m 6N copper ICs,
SAS Test Phono Stage
Acutex 320 STR Mov Iron Cart
SAS 11A Perfect Tube Preamp
SAS 25 W Ref Triode/UL Monoblocks
2 way Floor Standing Test Speakers

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 05:56:14 AM »
Dave:
But if you ask anyone (other than the 0.3% (3 one thousandth)) it's not going to be
I love the product cause it's inexpensive. It's because the stuff works really well and your
a great guy to speak with. That is a combination I admire and there are a number of people
in the industry that could use some of your talent. The fact that I can afford it is icing on the cake.
I feel we all strive to do our best but for some the "it's good enough" is their best or the best they
are willing to strive for. I think the Don Quixote in us fades as we age and mellow. Either that or we
just don't give a shit any more. Either way leads us to the same destination.
Now where's Rocinante?

Nit
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline malloy

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • no grave concern for repercussion
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 10:39:02 AM »
it's not going to be I love the product cause it's inexpensive. It's because the stuff works really well and your
a great guy to speak with.

I agree 200% with this statement.  :thumb:

Paul

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 08:24:08 PM »
Thank you all. 

I get my jollies from spreading the joy, with $$$ a secondary, but welcome benefit.

Life is good :thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe