Author Topic: TRIODE WIRE LABS CABLE REVIEW  (Read 8385 times)

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
TRIODE WIRE LABS CABLE REVIEW
« on: May 06, 2016, 07:35:22 AM »
This is my initial review of my new TWL cable conversion on my main system.
The main system consists of a Parasound Halo A21 power amp and a Parasound Halo P5 Pre. Both are good, well reviewed solid state amps. Clean and neutral sounding. The speakers are Golden Ear Triton 2's. The Tritons are well reviewed and not fussy to drive.
The cables they are replacing are the well reviewed Nordost Blue Heavens. A direct competitor in the price range.
Out of the box (bag) the TWL cables were very smooth considering all they had were Pete's initial burn in. This was quite surprising as the Nordost's were well seasoned. They were a little rough around the edges, but this is to be expected with new cables. But overall very smooth for out of the box. :)
I noticed two things that impressed me. The first was the increased clarity. The Blue Heavens have great clarity, but the TWL combo steps it up a notch.  :D
The other thing I noticed was the added punch the TWL cable combo had. Its hard to tell what part of the combo was contributing to it, but if I had to make a guess as to what specific part of the combo it was, I would say it is the superior TWL power cables.
The Nordost Blue Heaven power cables in my opinion, are like Pete's 12 series, a good solid power cable. But the 7 and 10's are the kicker. I am sure their use on the amps and the subs (Tritons and Sub) made a huge difference in the overall punch in the sound.
I am very pleased with the TWL cables and am in the process of burning them in and getting them seasoned. I will follow up with a report later on when I get 100+ hours on them. I am looking forward to the increase in the soundstage as they season. If it is this good so far, once they are seasoned, it should be TWL Heaven!
THANKS PETE!  :D :-P :o :drool: :thumb:
PS: The Blue Heaven's got installed on my attic train room system and I am enjoying a double benefit! :D

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 07:03:53 AM by jessearias »
Parasound A21, Parasound JC2BP, Oppo 205 BR/SACD Disc Player, Marantz ST6000 Tuner, GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers and Supersub XXL, Triode Wire Labs interconnects, power cables and speaker wire, PI Audio Uber, Mini and Digibuss, Border Patrol DAC

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
Re: TRIODE WIRE LABS CABLE REVIEW
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 02:45:09 PM »
Hey Jesse,
Thank you for your glowing initial review!!!  :thumb:

It was a pleasure to meet you at AXPONA a couple weeks ago!

Have a super weekend,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 06:34:59 AM »
  Actually excellent findings. You can hear. meaning exactly what I hear just out of the box. They require 200 hours to stop changing. When they do oh my !!

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 11:48:33 AM »
Thanks Charles!     :thumb:  I still can't convince my wife that I can hear!  :rofl:
Parasound A21, Parasound JC2BP, Oppo 205 BR/SACD Disc Player, Marantz ST6000 Tuner, GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers and Supersub XXL, Triode Wire Labs interconnects, power cables and speaker wire, PI Audio Uber, Mini and Digibuss, Border Patrol DAC

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 03:01:22 PM »
Hope you (know you'll) find better with time. Great product / great guy.
My wife says I don't pay attention to her and I think she ignores me.
Works for us.
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 04:40:52 PM »
Hope you (know you'll) find better with time.
-TRUE-
Great product / great guy.
-TRUE- and -TRUE-
My wife says I don't pay attention to her and I think she ignores me.
- SAME HERE, I DIVORCED HER AND BOUGHT MORE VINYL-
Works for us.
-WORKS FOR ME-
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
Re: TRIODE WIRE LABS CABLE REVIEW- 100 HOUR UPDATE
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 09:27:13 AM »
 :thumb:

I have well over 100+ hours on the cables now. (I listen to a lot of music  :shock:)

As noted in my initial review, the cables were very smooth out of the box (bag) with some rough edges as typical with new cables.

The roughness around the edges is gone and the overall delivery is clean and smooth as silk now. When I say smooth, I mean smoooooth.  :D  

I noted the great clarity the cables had in my initial review. Well that clarity has morphed into transparency. The cables have continued to develop in clarity, but the transparency it gives to the music is outstanding.  :drool: The increase in the overall soundstage is amazing.  :D

I also noted the added punch the cable combination had. The overall punch has continued to develop, but has morphed into depth. When the music hits those powerful low and midrange notes, or a vocalist really belts it out, you can hear the depth of those instruments and/or voice. It is quite striking.  :shock:

My test music consisted of SACD's from artists Diana Krall, Dave Brubeck, Patricia Barber and Frank Sinatra. I also used some regular CD's from Michael Lington, Tower of Power (40th Anv.) and Kenny Burrell that I thought were well recorded and mixed.  So a great overall combination of piano, horns, vocals, guitar and other band instruments to test the cables with.

I used tweaks such as Jena contact fluid and cable stands with the TWL installation. I also use vibration isolation on my audio gear and speakers.

These cables have allowed me to extract every ounce of performance out of my lowly audio gear. Charles (Rollo Audio) says they will continue to season and get even better as they approach 200 hours. That's ok with me.   :thumb:

These cables are giant killers. I have seen ( and heard)  them used with some very expensive high end audio equipment. If they make that equipment sound outstanding, it will make your equipment sound outstanding as well. As noted in my initial review, these cables are direct competitors in the price range of Nordost Blue Heavens and other similarly priced and level cables. These TWL cables can easily compete with cables costing two or three times as much. Why spend more money? These cables are one of the best bang for the buck investments you can make on your stereo system.

THANKS PETE!!!   :thumb:  ANOTHER HAPPY TWL CUSTOMER!  :thumb:

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 11:29:08 AM by jessearias »

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 08:24:25 PM »

I have well over 100+ hours on the cables now. (I listen to a lot of music  :shock:)

As noted in my initial review, the cables were very smooth out of the box (bag) with some rough edges as typical with new cables.

The roughness around the edges is gone and the overall delivery is clean and smooth as silk now. When I say smooth, I mean smoooooth.  :D  

I noted the great clarity the cables had in my initial review. Well that clarity has morphed into transparency. The cables have continued to develop in clarity, but the transparency it gives to the music is outstanding.  :drool: The increase in the overall soundstage is amazing.  :D

I also noted the added punch the cable combination had. The overall punch has continued to develop, but has morphed into depth. When the music hits those powerful low and midrange notes, or a vocalist really belts it out, you can hear the depth of those instruments and/or voice. It is quite striking.  :shock:

My test music consisted of SACD's from artists Diana Krall, Dave Brubeck, Patricia Barber and Frank Sinatra. I also used some regular CD's from Michael Lington, Tower of Power (40th Anv.) and Kenny Burrell that I thought were well recorded and mixed.  So a great overall combination of piano, horns, vocals, guitar and other band instruments to test the cables with.

I used tweaks such as Jena contact fluid and cable stands with the TWL installation. I also use vibration isolation on my audio gear and speakers.

These cables have allowed me to extract every ounce of performance out of my lowly audio gear. Charles (Rollo Audio) says they will continue to season and get even better as they approach 200 hours. That's ok with me.   :thumb:

These cables are giant killers. I have seen ( and heard)  them used with some very expensive high end audio equipment. If they make that equipment sound outstanding, it will make your equipment sound outstanding as well. As noted in my initial review, these cables are direct competitors in the price range of Nordost Blue Heavens and other similarly priced and level cables. These TWL cables can easily compete with cables costing two or three times as much. Why spend more money? These cables are one of the best bang for the buck investments you can make on your stereo system.

Hey Jesse,
Thanks again for your feedback! I'm ecstatic about your overall musical enjoyment! That's really cool!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend! God Bless America!

Best regards,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 08:18:32 PM »

Yes, the man makes great cables!  One of the things that makes the TWL cables work so well with my efforts is due to the honestly and transparency that that Pete's cables bring to the musical equation.   :thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe