Author Topic: Magic Tubes  (Read 8331 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Magic Tubes
« on: December 03, 2015, 07:17:55 AM »
  I know I now Magic what ? Well to our surprise these Magic Tubes from madscientist-audio.com are mind boggling.
   First off let me say that it was methodology of the designer that caught my attention then his products.
   He measures then blind tests the results before selling and offers a money back guarantee to boot.
    Ya put the tubes on your cables with blu-tac let them settle for 24Hrs and listen. Then remove them and truly be amazed as to what just happened. The stage and openness just collapses and is gone,gone,gone.
   My only issue why did they call them magic tubes. Our audio club audiosyndrome will be receiving a demo pack of tube dampers, magic tubes and more to fool around with. Keep ya posted.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Magic Tubes
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 07:33:43 AM »
Here is the info about the Magic Tubes.

http://madscientist-audio.com/presta/17-magic-tubes

I have these magic tubes as well on my interconnects where they connect with my amps. So far no audible change. Nothing earth shattering to me. Will try them on other areas in my system.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 07:50:49 AM »
Here is the info about the Magic Tubes.

http://madscientist-audio.com/presta/17-magic-tubes

I have these magic tubes as well on my interconnects where they connect with my amps. So far no audible change. Nothing earth shattering to me. Will try them on other areas in my system.

How many are you using ? Where exactly ? Two will do zippo. At least one set. tae then off after some time to really tell if there is any difference.
   :shock:  They have worked  very well in two systems to date. Your comment surprises me as no one yet has returned them. Its all your fault  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline sleepyguy24

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 11:55:06 AM »
honestly I do think the fault is with me or my systems. It seems to me tweaks like these only work on high dollar, big buck systems. If you have components where you have paid less than $2k for a component these things don't make those wonderful glaring changes you read about. Again that is just my opinion. I tried the other mad scientist discs and they did nothing too. I may have hit the wall with tweaks in my system.

Also Mad Scientist people told me 2 would be enough make some kind of difference in sound. Figures you have to buy bunches at over $100 to make any kind of improvement. Oh well. I can't justify to myself for hundreds of dollars for packs of these after seeing them in person.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 02:03:27 PM »
Sleepy, I tend to agree with you on this. iF you have the right equipment, then these improvements are possible. Running my modded SB2 with ext power supply doesn't compare to getting my Anteople Audio Gold dac. We're taking a different universe here. Music can be very enjoyable without having the detailed, expansive soundstage etc. But having those extras makes it much more enjoyable for me.

Overall, I have never enjoyed doing the a/b comparison thing. When I change an item, I put it in the system and listen for a very long time to get the character of the music. Otherwise, I tend to get stressed trying to find a "difference". I've had dealers tell me how obvious some changes are by changing cables, components etc but that short term a/b
stuff doesn't work for me and frankly stresses me out a bit.

Right now, I'm auditioning some digital cables and hope to try 3 to 4 more to make a decision before finalizing my ICs and SCs
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 08:11:09 AM »
   The difference heard occurs after a 24HR period. It is when they are taken off the difference should be evident.
    I respectfully disagree about component cost and tweak affect. They come in packs of [6]. after installing them and taking them off was quite noticeable.
    We got a more organic sound meaning no Hi fi highlighting. a continuous sound as opposed to layering of the sound stage.
      We are to receive a test it for our club to evaluate. That should be fun with our scientist engineer crowd.

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 06:41:51 AM »
Sleepy, I tend to agree with you on this. iF you have the right equipment, then these improvements are possible. Running my modded SB2 with ext power supply doesn't compare to getting my Anteople Audio Gold dac. We're taking a different universe here. Music can be very enjoyable without having the detailed, expansive soundstage etc. But having those extras makes it much more enjoyable for me.

Overall, I have never enjoyed doing the a/b comparison thing. When I change an item, I put it in the system and listen for a very long time to get the character of the music. Otherwise, I tend to get stressed trying to find a "difference". I've had dealers tell me how obvious some changes are by changing cables, components etc but that short term a/b

Right now, I'm auditioning some digital cables and hope to try 3 to 4 more to make a decision before finalizing my ICs and SCs

Nick  I agree 100% that is the way to test out digital cables or anything else for that matter. Switching back and forth is moot as the cable needs to settle a day or two before sounding its best. As you stated it can be stressful which is never fun.
   I'm with you on this. Listen for a few days with familiar music that's the ticket.

charles

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 05:33:00 AM »
I tend to find spending time moving my speakers outweighs the differences any tweaks make. 

I've also found making tweaks is just another way to keep yourself addicted to constant change.  I've shifted mostly to finding new music as the main 'change addiction'.

To each his own!
-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline sleepyguy24

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 08:31:14 AM »
I tend to find spending time moving my speakers outweighs the differences any tweaks make. 

I've also found making tweaks is just another way to keep yourself addicted to constant change.  I've shifted mostly to finding new music as the main 'change addiction'.

To each his own!
-C

+1 to that. Thanks for the words of wisdom.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 11:32:14 AM »
  Tweaking to get the most from ones system for me is not achange addiction" it is progress.
   Yes changing speaker location can make a huge difference. That said it should be number one priority when setting them up and then tweaking their location as well as the listening seat. I consider that a initial set up requirement.
    We all have come to learn that everything makes a difference. Wether one has the desire to do so is the real issue at hand. To just dismiss trying different footers, tubes, cables, tube dampers, etc. IMO is a mistake.
   Some changes are for the good and others not as one size does not fit all.
   So again to each his own and enjoy the music.

charles

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 09:14:38 PM »
  Tweaking to get the most from ones system for me is not achange addiction" it is progress.
   Yes changing speaker location can make a huge difference. That said it should be number one priority when setting them up and then tweaking their location as well as the listening seat. I consider that a initial set up requirement.
    We all have come to learn that everything makes a difference. Wether one has the desire to do so is the real issue at hand. To just dismiss trying different footers, tubes, cables, tube dampers, etc. IMO is a mistake.
   Some changes are for the good and others not as one size does not fit all.
   So again to each his own and enjoy the music.

charles

... and what works in one system may or may not work in another.  There is no way to know except to try it :roll:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Werd

• Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 05:09:04 PM »

To each his own!
-C

Moving speakers is tweaking imo.  Tweaks are great localizing components. By applying a tweak to any component and hearing a difference helps with hearing the component itself. They help unravel the mystery of what each component does to the sound.
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 07:36:13 AM »
   Well received a package from MS with black discus, tube toppers and more magic tubes.
   Every application has brought the most natural sound ever heard in my home, period.
    When you take any product off you lose something. the affect on trannies and umbilical cords using black discus is better dynamics, presence and bass.
     after experimenting now for a week IMO a minimum of 10 magic tubes and 6 black dicus are required to get major improvement.
    Suggested to MS to offer a starter kit of such for a good price. We shall see.
    In my time in this hobby and business to date no other product has offered so much change for the good than these products. NOTHING.
    IMO a no-brainer like clean AC or proper VTA. Buying more as we speak. My customers all agree and have ordered them, installed them and are smitten with the results as claimed by Madscientist.  NOT A DEALER just really pleased.

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 04:48:11 PM »
  Well brought the package over to two different systems. worked just as well. Amazing products.
   Bite if you like but if you do not you are really missing an opportunity to better your sound.
     These are no brainer products.

charles

Offline Werd

• Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2016, 08:31:37 AM »

Nick  I agree 100% that is the way to test out digital cables or anything else for that matter. Switching back and forth is moot as the cable needs to settle a day or two before sounding its best. As you stated it can be stressful which is never fun.
   I'm with you on this. Listen for a few days with familiar music that's the ticket.

charles

I am not sure the issue lies within the cable. I think it is all learning and not much about letting the cable settle.  Making changes on the fly and hearing differences is a learned hearing skill. Iows to be able to do that you need to practice doing it. No one ever does and that is why people have a hard time hearing a change after their original first change out. They hear differences going from a long time standing cable to a new one. But have a harder time  switching out multiple cables on the fly.  Mostly because they have not trained their hearing to do that. 
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,