Author Topic: Speaker and stereo building as art or as a passion?  (Read 4184 times)

Offline Bemopti123

• Seeking Help
Speaker and stereo building as art or as a passion?
« on: April 10, 2007, 10:12:41 AM »
Check the link to someone that I have came across as I was checking some wild links.  He has plans and everything.  An artist, that uses loudspeakers and especially bass bins in order to express, who knows what...

http://www.matthope.org/screamers%20and.htm

Have fun

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 10:26:15 AM »
Wow - somebody has way too much time and money on their hands.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline Bemopti123

• Seeking Help
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 10:32:31 AM »
This dude reminds me of the young British artists that were part of the controversial show in NYC, about 7-8 years ago...I forgot what they called it, but it incensed Mayor Giulliani back in the days.  I really love that.  Some of the artistic pieces were very interesting.  I even got an art book from the exhibit.

Don't you think that some Audionervosa people or anyone who reads and posts in Audio forums have an artistic bent...with the preferred medium being Audio pieces?

Now, we have an artist who decides to inspire his arts on things he did when a small kid....Lego sets, and the audio kits he used to blast.  Definitely non an Audiophile in the sense of an artist who attempts to create a vision out of audio.  

BTW:  I am very interested in audio exhibits that blend both moving images and audio or multimedia based.

miklorsmith

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 10:54:49 AM »
Totally useless, but neat!

Some of us display our gear for all to see and will spend more to get stuff that looks better.  I have my stuff in a rack with a door and wouldn't care if everything was in a plain black box.

Look at Electronluv though.  I've never seen the stuff in person but the pictures from the shows look awesome!  I can see somebody getting huge stoke from having such a one-off music maker.

To each their own path, with gusto!