Author Topic: Fed up with TWC - what to do, what to do...  (Read 33248 times)

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Fed up with TWC - what to do, what to do...
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 07:11:10 PM »
Watching TV is too demanding for me.  TV is a last resort, when there is absolutely nothing else to do or I'm just too tired mentally or physically to do anything else.

There are endless channels but most of them show only commercials and I just don't have the energy to sift through all the crap to find the little nuggets of good stuff.  It seems so inefficient to search for programming to watch, when I want to relax.

So, if there are 4 or 5 local channels to flip through, I'll have limited choices and can get right to watching the commercials for free.  I wish it were more like the movies where they land on cool shows like ants mating in the jungle... or a leopard going in for the kill.. I guess I should just get more DVD's of NOVA and nature stuff in that room.. hmm.. I may not even need an antenna. ;)

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2011, 08:26:56 PM »
The "30 second skip" hack helps.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2011, 04:54:24 AM »
FWIW,  Frontier DSL gives you 30 days to try before committing to the contract.  They just send you the modem and if you don't get the performance you want, you just send it back within the first 30 days. 

I've still got TWC for HD cable TV but as soon as I find the time to figure out what I can get via antenna & Internet, it's getting dumped as well.