Author Topic: Mustard- I’d Like To Explore A Few- Any Suggestions?  (Read 708 times)

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Mustard- I’d Like To Explore A Few- Any Suggestions?
« on: August 11, 2022, 03:22:32 PM »
This is out of left field, but here goes… I recently started working a second job, and I’m getting home at 9 or 10 o’clock at night. I’ve been going the sandwich route at times, and have come to realize that I need a fine mustard to complement my nighttime cravings. Guldens and Kosciusko are just not… cutting the mustard.
I love spicy, so if that’s where it’s at, recommend me something.
Relative to interconnects, this has to be an inexpensive venture, and I’m fine with ordering online.
Thanks for any input…
Jim
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline dflee

Re: Mustard- I’d Like To Explore A Few- Any Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 05:58:07 PM »
Hey Jim:
I used to use a ground mustard but can't for the life of me remember the brand.
But, I've gotten away from the mustards and use inglehoffer extra hot horseradish
for almost all my sandwiches now. Great flavor and it does carry a wallop if you use
it generously.
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline satfrat

• Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 12:41:34 AM »
I've been on a Mckenzie natural casing hot dogs fetish all summer and the only mustard I use is Nances Original Sharp & Creamy Mustard. Works for me!  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

Offline S Clark

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2022, 07:35:17 AM »
I've been on a Mckenzie natural casing hot dogs fetish all summer and the only mustard I use is Nances Original Sharp & Creamy Mustard. Works for me!  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin
Robin!!! 
How bout dem .... oh, nevermind.  Good to hear from you. 
Speaker-GR Research LS9-XStatik-AltecFlamenco
Amp-Moscode,Dodd,Folsom
Pre-Dodd
Turntable-Vyger,Victor,TechnicSP10MK2
Phonopre-Hagermann,Jolida,GSlee   
Cable-AudioSensibility Wywires TWL
Cartridge-Dynavector,Sumiko
Tonearm-PioneerP3,Jelco
Rythmic sub

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2022, 12:23:56 PM »

Cheers,
Robin
Great to see you, Robin!   :thumb:

How's the music???
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline satfrat

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022, 01:55:46 PM »

Cheers,
Robin

How's the music???

Loud and proud,,,, but my hearing sucks and my neighbors aren't happy.  :rofl:

Got to thinking about Nances today and had to pick up some sliced hot ham and hoagie rolls today for the weekend. It's good to hear from ya Dave. :grin:
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2022, 07:24:44 PM »

Cheers,
Robin

How's the music???

Loud and proud,,,, but my hearing sucks and my neighbors aren't happy.  :rofl:

Got to thinking about Nances today and had to pick up some sliced hot ham and hoagie rolls today for the weekend. It's good to hear from ya Dave. :grin:
We're foodies, my friend.

For good old everyday mustard, I like Plochmans  For stoneground either Inglehoffer or Maille.  Then again, there is Boars Head...
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline James Edward

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2022, 01:07:57 PM »

Cheers,
Robin
Tried Nances last night with a bologna and American cheese hero- I liked it- I’m glad I asked this question. Unlike our sometimes insane hobby, this only cost me $3.49. Next up will be one of the other suggestions.
Thanks.
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2022, 04:09:05 PM »

Cheers,
Robin
Tried Nances last night with a bologna and American cheese hero- I liked it- I’m glad I asked this question. Unlike our sometimes insane hobby, this only cost me $3.49. Next up will be one of the other suggestions.
Thanks.
With a nod and tip of the hat to Robin, I reckon I'll have to order some.  It s not a thing in New Mexico, so...  He has never steered me wrong.   Best maple syrup in the universe!

Offline satfrat

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 04:43:06 PM »

Cheers,
Robin
Thanks.
With a nod and tip of the hat to Robin, I reckon I'll have to order some.  It s not a thing in New Mexico, so...  He has never steered me wrong.   Best maple syrup in the universe!

I was always a brown mustard guy, the spicier the better til a nearby audiophile, BillofLlakeGeorge turned me onto Nances. It's just a runofthemill mustard here in the Northeast, too cheap to be audiophile-grade.  :rofl: But when I tried it, I tossed everything else I had in the fridge. I've got 6 jars in the cabinet now.

Big weekend coming up Dave, there's a farm up the road from me that's putting on a maple pie contest. Being a diabetic, I dare not even drive by the place. But 30 years ago, I'd be going toting a qt of milk. |:D| |:D|
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 04:46:00 PM by satfrat »

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2022, 09:57:42 AM »

Cheers,
Robin
Thanks.

I was always a brown mustard guy, the spicier the better til a nearby audiophile, BillofLlakeGeorge turned me onto Nances. It's just a runofthemill mustard here in the Northeast, too cheap to be audiophile-grade.  :rofl: But when I tried it, I tossed everything else I had in the fridge. I've got 6 jars in the cabinet now.

Big weekend coming up Dave, there's a farm up the road from me that's putting on a maple pie contest. Being a diabetic, I dare not even drive by the place. But 30 years ago, I'd be going toting a qt of milk. |:D| |:D|
Well, the Nance's should land here tomorrow to join the 4 other kinds of mustard we have here.  We use different mustards for different foods...

Yum, maple pie!  Sounds awesome! :thumb:

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2022, 08:39:49 PM »

Cheers,
Robin
Thanks.

Well, the Nance's should land here tomorrow to join the 4 other kinds of mustard we have here.  We use different mustards for different foods...

Yum, maple pie!  Sounds awesome! :thumb:
OK, Robin.  +1 on the Nance's.  Sweet, tangy and smooth.  A natural for brats, for sure!  :thumb:

Thanks!