Author Topic: PIAUDIO BETABUSS  (Read 31059 times)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Re: PIAUDIO BETABUSS
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 03:24:11 PM »
All I have here are crickets...   This is a fairly substatntial upgrade, especially for Uber users that understand what a massive reduction in power related noise can do for the SQ of even the most modest systems. 

Remember, there is a 100% Money Back Guarantee that includes shipping.  What do you have to lose?

"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline mresseguie

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 06:53:57 PM »
Howdy, Dave.

Sounds intriguing. Melody and I have placed our Corvallis home on the market in order to move to the Vancouver, WA area to be near my mother. If we ever find an acceptable home there, I wouldn't mind trying one. [Find an acceptable home = Melody says it meets her requirements   :duh]

Michael
Daedalus Audio Apollos; Fritz Loudspeakers LS/5-R
SW1X NOS DAC III BAL/SPL; Holo Spring3 KTE
Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
Don Sachs dual mono 300b; Nuprime Evolution STA
Hapa loom
PI Audio UberBUSS, DigiBUSS, Uber-MiniBUS

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2018, 10:14:46 PM »
Well, I was asking for a clarification, but since no response, I値l take a shot at it. If I知 looking at the right and left side of the panel, I search for the breaker where my audio is located. Then on the opposite side and on an alternate, staggered breaker, I simply plug it in to that branch. Apparently proximity is not a consideration.
Yea or nay??
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline TomS

• Certifiable
  • Yeah, it's just a hobby...
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 05:55:06 AM »
All I have here are crickets...   This is a fairly substatntial upgrade, especially for Uber users that understand what a massive reduction in power related noise can do for the SQ of even the most modest systems. 

Remember, there is a 100% Money Back Guarantee that includes shipping.  What do you have to lose?
Dave,

Is this the mod you just did to my UberBuss last month, the one with Furutech NCF's?

Thx,

Tom
PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp, Nagra Classic Amp, Focal Sopra No 2's, SVS SB16 Ultra

Offline TrueAudio

• Seeking Help
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2018, 07:45:44 AM »
OK, Dave said we'd hear more in a day or 6 and that was at least 5 days ago, so hopefully soon.

Charles, thanks for the report.   Can't wait to hear more.
Been busy securing all of the suppliers needed and finalizing the design.  Sometimes the wheels run slow getting back to a small guy like me.  Sigh...

Here are the specs:

Same old ugly black box to hide somewhere.

Same size as a MinBUSS or DigiBUSS - 7.125" x 5.375" x 3.875

12ga 18" pigtail terminated with a Furutech FI-11Cu Edison plug

Introductory price is $349.00 + $15.00 shipping in the continental USA

Of course there are options for NEMA Edison plugs from the Furutech range, but since this is designed for the branch circuit opposite from the system branch I'm not sure how advantageous putting a $406.00 FI FI-52M NCF plug will be.  If that floats your goat I'll be happy to do so... just be advised.

The results are subtle in some systems, not so subtle in others.  As always the 30 day 100% Money Back Guarantee is applicable.

I like it.  There is just another bit of haze and glare gone after break-in.  BI takes about 7-10 days.  The effects are really noticeable after having it in circuit for about a week and then taking it out.  When we are talking about ancillary noise reduction it kinds of creeps up on you.

Oh, yeah.  Like Charles, our fridge is quieter and the TV is just sharper with blacker blacks.  That is where  noise manifests itself the most in video.

Taking orders now.
Ok so this is my 1st post here, I'm not into formal "introductions" on forums, so this will be it.  I will say that I am a customer of Dave, and I was also the inspiration for Dave to create this new device, based on my observations and analysis, derived from numerous electric measurements, continual experimentation with different types of power filtering technologies, while also reminding myself that the KISS principle still in fact, does apply.  Depth of the video image also starts to emerge as well, besides the better blacks you mention.  You're seeing more depth because the space around objects, and actors in video is supposed to be just that--open, empty space, air, if you will--even small amounts of noise will 'just become part of the image' that you were accustomed to all along around what is supposed to be the video equivalent to what is actual transparency in audio terms. 

Dave, great points you made in your post here.  I addressed my refrigerator early on the more I learned about the various places noise originates from, and the fact that your entire house literally, really is one giant power strip, and asking a single conditioner to do everything is literally impossible for numerous reasons that you already know.  One being that--one of the most important ways to get rid of noise, is to stop creating it in the 1st place (and this is where Dave's Digibuss applies in a huge way).  In my case, my fridge was made quieter, smoother running with 2 things.  One, I installed a 20A Surgex unit that has built-in current inrush limiting (which is great for dampening the internal surges that would be generated upon start-up throughout that entire electrical phase). 

Now the fridge itself still backfeeds substantial noise into the powerline (and this isn't even a newer fridge, there is no SMPS powered electronics in it).  So I shut that down pretty significantly by plugging a 12 Amp Oneac E-core type isolation transformer (model CB115H) after the Surgex and plugging the fridge into that.  Now what was hundreds of mV of garbage circulating back into everything is mitigated to less than 25mV.  The series inductor of the Surgex upstream of the transformer also contributing to some degree I am sure. 

I'll have to say that Dave is the most selfless, passionate human being I've ever dealt with in this hobby in 25 years. 

His Uberbuss is a real piece of equipment that takes no prisoners.  I say that from a real-world, measurement standpoint, instead of just the usual reviews of sonic improvements that everyone already shares.  The Uberbuss, according to my measurements, reduces broadband powerline noise approximately 4.5 times greater than a 2.4kva 0.0005pf Topaz isolation transformer (which I also use and am getting another) by itself.  A transformer "good enough" for lab grade power for oscilloscopes, lasers, and so forth.  This isn't my opinion because you can measure that for yourself with a basic EMI/RFI meter.  I'd say that's an amazing achievement.

Hats off to you Dave; your contributions, honesty, effort, and humility, cannot be overstated.

P.S.  Your crickets comment prompted me to post this.  No crickets allowed =)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 07:57:59 AM by TrueAudio »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2018, 11:12:16 AM »

Well Dave you will be hearing those Crickets pissing on the Cotton now.  :lol:

charles
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 11:14:05 AM by rollo »
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2018, 12:30:51 PM »
OK, Dave said we'd hear more in a day or 6 and that was at least 5 days ago, so hopefully soon.

Been busy securing all of the suppliers needed and finalizing the design.  Sometimes the wheels run slow getting back to a small guy like me.  Sigh...

Here are the specs:

Of course there are options for NEMA Edison plugs from the Furutech range, but since this is designed for the branch circuit opposite from the system branch I'm not sure how advantageous putting a $406.00 FI FI-52M NCF plug will be.  If that floats your goat I'll be happy to do so... just be advised.

The results are subtle in some systems, not so subtle in others.  As always the 30 day 100% Money Back Guarantee is applicable.

I like it.  There is just another bit of haze and glare gone after break-in.  BI takes about 7-10 days.  The effects are really noticeable after having it in circuit for about a week and then taking it out.  When we are talking about ancillary noise reduction it kinds of creeps up on you.

Oh, yeah.  Like Charles, our fridge is quieter and the TV is just sharper with blacker blacks.  That is where  noise manifests itself the most in video.

Taking orders now.
Ok so this is my 1st post here, I'm not into formal "introductions" on forums, so this will be it.  I will say that I am a customer of Dave, and I was also the inspiration for Dave to create this new device, based on my observations and analysis, derived from numerous electric measurements, continual experimentation with different types of power filtering technologies, while also reminding myself that the KISS principle still in fact, does apply.  Depth of the video image also starts to emerge as well, besides the better blacks you mention.  You're seeing more depth because the space around objects, and actors in video is supposed to be just that--open, empty space, air, if you will--even small amounts of noise will 'just become part of the image' that you were accustomed to all along around what is supposed to be the video equivalent to what is actual transparency in audio terms. 

Dave, great points you made in your post here.  I addressed my refrigerator early on the more I learned about the various places noise originates from, and the fact that your entire house literally, really is one giant power strip, and asking a single conditioner to do everything is literally impossible for numerous reasons that you already know.  One being that--one of the most important ways to get rid of noise, is to stop creating it in the 1st place (and this is where Dave's Digibuss applies in a huge way).  In my case, my fridge was made quieter, smoother running with 2 things.  One, I installed a 20A Surgex unit that has built-in current inrush limiting (which is great for dampening the internal surges that would be generated upon start-up throughout that entire electrical phase). 

Now the fridge itself still backfeeds substantial noise into the powerline (and this isn't even a newer fridge, there is no SMPS powered electronics in it).  So I shut that down pretty significantly by plugging a 12 Amp Oneac E-core type isolation transformer (model CB115H) after the Surgex and plugging the fridge into that.  Now what was hundreds of mV of garbage circulating back into everything is mitigated to less than 25mV.  The series inductor of the Surgex upstream of the transformer also contributing to some degree I am sure. 

I'll have to say that Dave is the most selfless, passionate human being I've ever dealt with in this hobby in 25 years. 

His Uberbuss is a real piece of equipment that takes no prisoners.  I say that from a real-world, measurement standpoint, instead of just the usual reviews of sonic improvements that everyone already shares.  The Uberbuss, according to my measurements, reduces broadband powerline noise approximately 4.5 times greater than a 2.4kva 0.0005pf Topaz isolation transformer (which I also use and am getting another) by itself.  A transformer "good enough" for lab grade power for oscilloscopes, lasers, and so forth.  This isn't my opinion because you can measure that for yourself with a basic EMI/RFI meter.  I'd say that's an amazing achievement.

Hats off to you Dave; your contributions, honesty, effort, and humility, cannot be overstated.

Good to have you post and give more information on the development of this product. I値l very likely try it a few weeks
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2018, 03:59:21 PM »
Dave,
Put me down for a BetaBUSS. 

Need to try this out with The Megaliths setup and BlunderBUSS' opposite branch circuit. 

Offline dBe

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2018, 09:34:55 PM »
Howdy, Dave.

Sounds intriguing. Melody and I have placed our Corvallis home on the market in order to move to the Vancouver, WA area to be near my mother. If we ever find an acceptable home there, I wouldn't mind trying one. [Find an acceptable home = Melody says it meets her requirements   :duh]

Michael
Thanks Mike.  If you move to Vancouver you'll be a lot closer to our kids in Portland and we'll be able to hang out a few times a year.  It will be good to see you two again.

Offline dBe

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2018, 09:38:24 PM »

Here are the specs:

Taking orders now.

Wow!  Thank you Mark.  It is a pleasure to know you my friend  :thumb:

Offline dBe

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2018, 10:00:59 PM »

Dave,

Is this the mod you just did to my UberBuss last month, the one with Furutech NCF's?

Thx,

Tom
Tom, no it isn't.

This is a device to address noise on the branch circuit in opposition to the branch the system lives on.  It addresses the noise that is radiated by the wire as RFI as well as the noise riding on the Neutral.  Since the neutral is common the both branches there is crosstalk from one to the other.  Get rid of. This noise and we are one step closer to ultra low noise helps create the "Majik".

By the way, what about those NCF's and new FinalFilters and the new TWL cables?

No pressure.   8)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2018, 10:22:06 PM »
Well, I was asking for a clarification, but since no response, I値l take a shot at it. If I知 looking at the right and left side of the panel, I search for the breaker where my audio is located. Then on the opposite side and on an alternate, staggered breaker, I simply plug it in to that branch. Apparently proximity is not a consideration.
Yea or nay??
Gayle's birthday today and we were frolicking last night doing a live music thing and then just cruisin' today  :thumb:

It will plug into any interior receptacle that is antiphase to the system branch.  This is a new deal so it will need some investigation as to which one of those circuits is best.  Your basic old cut n try.

I'll be ready when you are.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2018, 10:22:43 PM »

Well Dave you will be hearing those Crickets pissing on the Cotton now.  :lol:

charles
I just needed to bang on some cans, I reckon  :)

Offline dBe

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2018, 10:56:28 PM »
The new name is the BUSS-Depot.

I made some changes to the prototype circuit for better sound as well as safety.

I'm shipping now and look forward to feedback. Time will tell!

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2018, 07:26:29 AM »
Dave,
Looking forward to giving it a try!  :D