Author Topic: Today at 4:30: G2G Amps and Speakers  (Read 24996 times)

lonewolfny42

Re: Today at 4:30: G2G Amps and Speakers
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2009, 08:24:16 PM »
Wow.  If you didn't hear the new (GS?) rev Rhodiums, you're missing something.  I have several on loan in my system for burn in/RMAF use.  Serious improvement over both of the older ones and the coppers.  They're not leaving...

Bryan
On both ....preamp and amp Bryan?

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2009, 08:51:30 PM »
So I guess we heard HE (High Efficacy) PC last night? And there's still another upscale version called GS (GobSmacked) which we haven't heard yet. That's something to look forward to. "Copper" and "Rhodium" models are obsolete.   I think I got it now.

AcidJazz

« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2009, 09:24:15 PM »
Wow.  If you didn't hear the new (GS?) rev Rhodiums, you're missing something.  I have several on loan in my system for burn in/RMAF use.  Serious improvement over both of the older ones and the coppers.  They're not leaving...

Bryan

I have the rhodium GS-PC on my bass amp which really seem to provide a sharper kick vs. the copper. Previously I had it on my pre and it gave a very different sound than what I was accustomed to, can't really say if it was better or worse, just different.
By the way, I noticed it took about 3 days or 15 hours continuous for the new cable(GS-PC) to break the barrier.

pmkap

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2009, 09:43:25 PM »
Rich,

I believe you heard 2 different KaplanCable power cords at Carl's GTG, both terminated in copper connectors.
The first, flexible ones, are the standard H.E. cords, and the second, one of my GS PCs which is the stiff bulky power cord, that Carl described as favoring neither tweeters, or woofers, but rather, hooters.  8)

Bryan,

Ummm..... I made another 2 GS PCs for your use at RMAF, but only one of them has Rhodium terminations. :duh I keep forgetting not everybody's system is voiced the same, or have the same subjective preferences. I naturally assume that like me, everyone would want a single rhodium cord for the amp, and coppers for everything else, in order to get the most balanced system. I've been wrong so many times, I really should quit even trying to guess......

Regards,
Paul

PS: AcidJazz???? - Martin, that's gotta be you.....

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2009, 02:42:11 AM »
We'll get there Paul.  I have 2 of the Rhodium GS and 1 of the older Rhodiums as well as 2 older coppers and now, 3 new coppers.  We'll get things balanced out.

See you Thursday.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2009, 05:06:06 AM »
We used the copper GS on the preamp.. at the time we were using Black Sand's on the amps.  I know Steve's amps can show power cord differences as well... If we had 2 more GS's to do the full test, it would've been a nice representation of the 'Kaplan sound'.  It's also nice to keep everything the same and swap one thing at a time to see what it does.... Since we had 1 cable of each of these types, that was pretty much all we could do.

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2009, 05:59:18 AM »
Thanks for spelling it out guys.

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2009, 06:00:34 AM »
Understood.  Gotta do what you can to level the field.  I've been running the Rhodium GS on the amps and a copper on the preamp.  I've not had the chance to hear the JPS nor the new BSC so my comments are purely from the standpoint of my system and in comparison of the new Kaplan to the older Kaplans.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley