Author Topic: Capital Audio Fest 2018 demo room!  (Read 2556 times)

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
Capital Audio Fest 2018 demo room!
« on: March 29, 2018, 10:10:31 AM »
            Hollis Audio Labs will be demoing both The Megaliths and The Monoliths speakers at CAF2018 at the Hilton in Rockville, MD, November 2-4.   This will include the HAL MS-3 Music Server, dspMusikLCD 2x8 and 2x16 digital crossover processors and Parasound amplification for both systems.  Room AC treatment by PI Audio Group and Triode Wire Labs power cables will be in the system as well.

Will be in the Plaza I room next to CanJam on the main floor.  The room is 12'h x 38'w x50'l.  Lots of space to setup two systems for demos and static displays of the equipment.

Digital source music is encouraged and will have USB and CD playback as needed.

Danville Signal will be in attendance for their equipment and software discussions.  Possibly some other folks as well.  Room treatments and correction will be coming.

Updates for the show will be added as they occur.

Hope to see folks at the show to stop in to say hi and for a listen.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 10:13:24 AM by HAL »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Capital Audio Fest 2018 demo room!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 08:29:41 AM »
  Cool Hal cannot wait to hear them.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Online P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 10:53:38 AM »
Wow!  Wish I could go to this one.  Seems like it is coming of age in a time of diminishing attendance at RMAF, etc.

Time will tell.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 11:48:12 AM »
Sounds like great fun, Rich! Good luck on the show and will be awaiting pics and updates
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 06:15:33 PM »
Folks,

Thanks!  Will keep updating as things progress with items for the show.

I can promise one thing.  Going to be a lot of variety in the music this time.  Not just the demo pieces.  Going to break out the classic rock tracks as well.

Think I will start with Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon in HiRez and go from there.  Then on to some Black Sabbath in HiRez! :)  Lots of classical with pipe organ and some jazz as well. 

Will encourage folks to bring their demo tracks as well as I have in the past for listening. 

Online P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 06:40:45 PM »
I'll keep checking fares to DC to see if we can do this thing.  Gayle would love to see DC and all of museums surrounding .  Gonna try hard for this one.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe