Author Topic: NY Audio Rave Saturday, May 20th in Staten Island around 1pm  (Read 23331 times)

Offline goldlizsts

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Let Music Pass!
Re: NY Audio Rave Saturday, May 20th in Staten Island around 1pm
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2017, 08:09:20 PM »
#11   A beautiful bird, name I forgot.
#12   At the Tarangire National Park (Tanzania), we were at this rest stoop by the Tarangire River?  Who says Africa is a
         barren land.  Judge it by the picture here.
#13   A baobab tree.  Guess how long these trees live?  You don't see many leaves (dryness).  They can last a 1000
         years, would you believe?  The tree shown here was taken at the Masai village we visited.  The image posted here
         is small, so you may not spot the jewelry they're selling being hung on the tree for show.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 08:21:45 PM by goldlizsts »

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2017, 08:18:10 PM »
Last one, #14, taken from the balcony of my "tent".  I was tempted to think I was in Tuscany.  :yay2:

Ah, found #8, a little girl.  Kids we encountered were super nice.  They'd always run along side when we pass, waiving at us all the time.

:D :p

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2017, 08:33:38 PM »
One last one, I reduced it less so it can be shown (larger) how beautiful the area is.  This is the Ngnorongoro Crater.  The perimeter (rim) of the crater is like 260 km, how many miles is it?  About 160 miles?  WOW!  When we were there, the crater was covered with white clouds/haze.  Fantastic. :thumb:

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2017, 08:46:06 PM »
Thanks for posting! It's a side of Africa I rarely see
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2017, 08:46:15 PM »
Absolutely amazing photos.

It must have been a real bucket list adventure.  :mrgreen:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2017, 08:56:01 PM »
Well, sort of bucket list kind of a trip.  This was Kenya and Tanzania only.  A friend of mine wanted to see Africa.  I initially said I've been to South Africa, done that.... But, last time, I didn't see a lion, 1 of the Big 5 of Africa, so to speak.  So, I agreed to go, lion sighting being my bucket list item.  This time we saw many, many lions.  Well, I got way more than that.  Totally satisfying fantastic trip.   :drool:

Incidentally, a dumb question, see if anyone can explain.  I tried to double-click to open any of the pictures I posted here, but got nowhere.  I thought in the past I just double-click to view a bigger image..... but, what happened there that I didn't do right?  The little icons posted as such are too small.  How does one see the uploaded image in the size as uploaded?

Oh, mystery solved.  Right-click on image and open in another tab..... :duh

Offline richidoo

« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2017, 08:47:25 AM »
Awesome pictures Shek!!

Single left click to enlarge a thumbnail. Single left click again to restore it to thumbnail size. If you're a Mac, then no worries, cuz "it just works." ;)   It usually takes a second to download the picture, so if you double click within that downloading period you are enlarging and reshrinking it again before it ever opens, so you see no change. Single click will do ya

As for the picture size, seriously guys, 500 kilobytes is more than enough for you to get your message across in a picture. The jpeg I attached below is only 136 kilobytes, it's crystal clear and it doesn't even fit on the page.

If you shoot uncompressed files on a modern camera or phone, then you MUST process them for the web. Some hosts will process them for you, but we don't have that feature, we don't even have a photo gallery, so you have to do it yourself.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 08:50:00 AM by richidoo »

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2017, 10:02:19 AM »
Thanks, Rich.  As I said in the last posting, I'd just "left" 1-click, and it'd open up.  I just didn't know, or haven't touched pictures posted here that often....  How big it will show up onscreen also depends on the pixel count also, I thought.  The pictures I posted I slashed them down to like 300 KB mostly. :thumb:

Offline richidoo

« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2017, 01:06:53 PM »
That's right Shek, only the pixels determine how big the picture will look on screen. Most screens are 1000 pixels wide, and forum software allows about 70% of the screen width for post content, so a 700 pixel picture width is about the limit for most people to see your whole picture on screen without horizontal scrolling. I try to keep my pictures under 600 pixels wide.

Your pictures are really great. I'm so happy that you shared them with us!
Rich

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2017, 04:53:08 AM »
Oh, Nick, and anyone interested in laboring through more of my recent Africa trip pictures, I have posted additional ones on Photobucket.  Anyone interested, PM and I will e-vite.   :D