Author Topic: ROLLO AUDIO LTD and MADSCIENTIST  (Read 16169 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: ROLLO AUDIO LTD and MADSCIENTIST
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 07:40:09 AM »
Hey Charlie,

I bet you had fun the other night with Karl and Pete's Dac and Phono stage!  :drool:

I have the new Heretical "Plus" Digital coming my way this week, should prove interesting.

Pat

Phono stage was killer. However what took the cake was the DAC.
   If you bought the cable from me you would hve gotten 20% off. Whats the matter for you eh ?  :rofl: :rofl:

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Salvo

• Seeking Help
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 09:42:42 AM »
I had the "Original" with Copper Harmony and Absolute Harmony ends, before we technically met :rofl:

Bob did offer me an upgrade to the "Plus" from an email, "if" I wanted to return one of them, so I will have a couple extras 1 meter (for grabs?)

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 09:45:31 AM by Salvo »
CEC TL3N> Vu Jade' DHT DAC> TRL Preamp> NuForce Ref9 V2SE> Intuitive Design Summits> Mad Scientist Heretical+ Digital cable & tweaks> Western Electric 14ga. solid core speaker wire.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2016, 04:05:35 PM »
  Hey Salvo just a reminder for the future.  BTW burning in new DAC which is getting better and better as time marches on.
   We have [8] introductory production pieces left before price goes up. Now offered $5500, later with new enclosure and upgrades [ retrofittable] $9500.
   Hope to get some photos up. Some features are V-Cap PIO output caps, NO CHIP SET using ladder resistors, Oversized Regulated tubed outboard power supply, Direct Heated Triode design using 101D tubes, Gain control to better match preamp.
   We are chip-less, nude just for Machinehead.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Salvo

• Seeking Help
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 04:37:58 PM »
Charlie,

You and I are pretty much on the same page here (literally!)

The combination of Pete and Karl's Dac with Mad Scientist cables and tweaks is absolutely stunning.

My 25+ years of searching is coming to a halt.

Pat
CEC TL3N> Vu Jade' DHT DAC> TRL Preamp> NuForce Ref9 V2SE> Intuitive Design Summits> Mad Scientist Heretical+ Digital cable & tweaks> Western Electric 14ga. solid core speaker wire.

Offline madman

• Mad Scientist Audio
    • Mad Scientist Audio
Mad Scientist Audio

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2016, 08:22:28 AM »
   Hi Bob welcome aboard. Great review BTW. AN members demo cables available soon.
   As of now we have two pairs of HAC with KLe copper or silver connectors for demo. The plus series on on order and will arrive soon.
    Discount available for AN members only.

charles

Offline Salvo

• Seeking Help
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2016, 10:18:13 AM »
The Plus Heretical Digital cable arrived today.

Initial impressions so far are extremely positive (even larger stage with greater height and total sense of realism)

Music is so involving, I almost forget I'm listening to a system.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 11:40:59 AM by Salvo »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2016, 08:05:00 AM »
   Yes Sir a whole new experience those carbon fiber conductors bring to the table.
    However the icing on the cake are the Absolute Harmony connectors designed by Kenneth Eichman. Killer.

charles