Author Topic: SOLD - Zu Audio Omen Def Mk.1B - SOLD  (Read 4443 times)

Offline shadowlight

• Obsessively Audiophilic
SOLD - Zu Audio Omen Def Mk.1B - SOLD
« on: February 29, 2016, 07:00:39 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of consolidating my HT and 2-Channel into a single system so selling my Omen Def Mk.1B and keeping the Druid V. They were purchased in July 2012. I would have to say the speaker cabinets are 8/10 with one speaker having a small scratch on the top (will post picture) and all 4 woofers have small wooden dowel marks when I need to unseat the woofers to get to the tweeter circuit to upgrade the cap (I had the wooden dowel wrapped in 2pairs of socks but it still left marks)

I will post better pictures tonight once I get home.

Price: $1500 + CONUS only shipping, paid via paypal gift if not please add 3% for the paypal fees.

SOLD

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:39:38 PM by richidoo »

Offline shadowlight

Re: Zu Audio Omen Def Mk.1B
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 05:36:29 PM »

I see similar woofer damage on the top left speaker also

Offline sleepyguy24

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 11:03:22 AM »
stupid questions coming up.

Your rooms have a lot of acoustic treatments. To get the most out of the Zu Audio Omen Def speakers you are selling is that much acoustic treatment required?

Also how are these speakers with solid state power? Class A, Class AB or Class D.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 07:48:18 PM »
The last time I went to a GTG at D's place we listened to them driven by a pair of Tommy's Cherry class D amps. I thought they played very well together.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 08:42:47 AM »
stupid questions coming up.

Your rooms have a lot of acoustic treatments. To get the most out of the Zu Audio Omen Def speakers you are selling is that much acoustic treatment required?

Also how are these speakers with solid state power? Class A, Class AB or Class D.

Some acoustic treatment is required but not everything that you are seeing.  I made a crap load of DIY treatment and did not want to have them just hanging around so I put them in the room.

The last time I went to a GTG at D's place we listened to them driven by a pair of Tommy's Cherry class D amps. I thought they played very well together.

Thx Tom.  I have used both solid state (Cherry Amp, Onix Dual mono A/B and Onix integrated) and tube amps (Response Audio 3205 30 to 45 Watt integrated, 2a3 SET, 805 Integrated SET). With solid state amp I have always used a tube preamp, unless I am using the Onix integrated.

They work well with everything that I have thrown at it but for me personally the 805 was the best (amp went belly up on me), followed by the 2A3 amp and Tommy's amp.  You can say that I am partial to tubes  :thumb:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 08:50:20 AM by shadowlight »

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 12:40:23 PM »
SOLD

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 01:03:30 PM »
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."