Author Topic: PIAUDIO DIGIBUSS  (Read 62307 times)

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: PIAUDIO DIGIBUSS
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2017, 12:06:11 AM »
I'm now breaking in the P and S polished receptacle and wanted to mention that its quite the performer. Sounds detailed and smooth as Paul says.
The Uber itself seems to be breaking in more as Im repeating some songs that appear to have more of a holographic quality which I quite enjoy. Will put some more time on the P and S polished and then move on to Furutech copper. Having quite the fun time  :thumb:
Nick B
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2017, 11:05:09 AM »
I'm now breaking in the P and S polished receptacle and wanted to mention that its quite the performer. Sounds detailed and smooth as Paul says.
The Uber itself seems to be breaking in more as Im repeating some songs that appear to have more of a holographic quality which I quite enjoy. Will put some more time on the P and S polished and then move on to Furutech copper. Having quite the fun time  :thumb:
Nick B
Thanks for keeping us all up to date, Nick.  It is asmazing just how much polishing adds, or more accurately takes away from the presentation.  Polishing the base metal helps to eliminate most of the micro arcing that will occur between connector surfaces.  Having highly polished blades is a very good adjunct to the polished contact fingers in the receptacles, too.  simply polishing the blades on a Wattgate standard connector and ing that with the polished P&S was my first foray into receptacle and plug modification and really opened my eyes (ears?) about surface finish being critical.I was going to polishe the FPX(Cu) too, but that is a pain in the butt to do.  Getting them apart is one thing, but reassembling them is quite another.  I can't swage the retainer ears.  I just haven't made the proper tool for that.  I have to silver solder them back together.  Once doe, that receptacle is very interesting.  I'll send you one you can just swap out with a FinalFilter already installed if you want.  Just let me know.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2017, 12:43:08 PM »
Nick B
Thanks for keeping us all up to date, Nick.  It is asmazing just how much polishing adds, or more accurately takes away from the presentation.  Polishing the base metal helps to eliminate most of the micro arcing that will occur between connector surfaces.  Having highly polished blades is a very good adjunct to the polished contact fingers in the receptacles, too.  simply polishing the blades on a Wattgate standard connector and ing that with the polished P&S was my first foray into receptacle and plug modification and really opened my eyes (ears?) about surface finish being critical.I was going to polishe the FPX(Cu) too, but that is a pain in the butt to do.  Getting them apart is one thing, but reassembling them is quite another.  I can't swage the retainer ears.  I just haven't made the proper tool for that.  I have to silver solder them back together.  Once doe, that receptacle is very interesting.  I'll send you one you can just swap out with a FinalFilter already installed if you want.  Just let me know.

Thanks, much, Dave. I'll keep that in mind.
Nick
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline dBe

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2017, 10:37:04 PM »
So, what is the latest scoop, Nick?  I'm very curious about your receptacle auditions.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2017, 09:24:07 AM »
So, what is the latest scoop, Nick?  I'm very curious about your receptacle auditions.

Dave,
It's coming along well, but I've added too many variables. Gary has wanted me to add his power cord from Uber to the wall. So I finally did and it sounds good. He'll be at my house this Wednesday, so I'll be leaving it in for now. Break in for all receptacles is done, but I would now like to go back and disconnect my dac and finalize my decision re which is best for the amp. Then I'll repeat the process with the dac. I like the P & S polished, great sound and bang for buck.
Any of these changes result in a different sound. I need to analyze the change and see if it contributes to my goal of tonality and harmonics (this was Charles description in a recent post).
Interesting that bending Gary's cord resulted in a sound change. He uses solid 8 gauge copper. I had read about that phenomenon and it's the first time I've really experienced it due to the increased resolution that I have. 
I'll be getting the Nola's soon, so that'll be another change. But it's all a fun process  :thumb:
Nick
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 11:26:23 AM by Nick B »
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2017, 11:00:31 AM »
  The Uber takes 300 to 400 hours IMO to stop changing. Then ?? Bliss baby. Outlets two to three weeks [ 500] hours. Yes Sir bend a cord it has to settle in again.
Just went through another break-in of our new elec. panel and dedicated lines. 21 days to be exact. ENJOY!!!!

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline dBe

« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2017, 10:42:16 PM »
My father, Bud, my mentor and best friend ever (after I became a father and finally grokked the Old Man) would look at all of this and throw the bullshit flag.  He was an electrician for 50 years and believed in using the best components from a rational POV.

I learned a lot from my Dad.

Buy the best tools and save up for them if necessary. 
Tighten it, wait 5 minutes and tighten it again.  He taught me about cold flow.

NEVER do anything stupid with 250..  You "might" get away on 120, but don't press your luck.

With 220-250, put your left hand in your pocket or an insulated glove.  The left arm is right next to the heart's natural pacemaker.

Make sure every connecting surface is as clean as you can get it.  Clean it, wash it, clean it again.

Be particularly careful with DC, especially when a battery is involved.  He almost lost his ring finger when he reached under the dashboard of a '48 Chevy he was rodding.  Shorted at the radio power input.  It was REALLY ugly afterwards for the remainder of his life.

He worked the last 20 years of his profession as the chief electrician and head of maintenance at the reactor at Sandia National Labs.

Even so, I can say that he would not believe that proper cables, greater current capacity, connectors or any of the things we take for granted as true.

I wish I could have showed him  :(. It would have stoked a fire in the Oldster's brain pan.

Miss you, Pop.  We'll talk, later :thumb:

Offline dflee

« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2017, 02:44:42 PM »
Well guys, I got my hands on a little plug and play item and after doing just that, Can't imagine how we could have so many pages of write up on it. How many ways can you say something is effing awesome. Sources to DIGI to Majic to wall, oh my.
Can't say everything gained is from DIGI cause opened a space on the Majic for amp. Absolutely got improvement in the system.

Thanks Dave
Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2017, 07:22:35 PM »
That PI Audio guy sure knows his stuff 😀👍
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline dBe

« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2017, 09:07:13 AM »
Well guys, I got my hands on a little plug and play item and after doing just that, Can't imagine how we could have so many pages of write up on it. How many ways can you say something is effing awesome. Sources to DIGI to Majic to wall, oh my.
Can't say everything gained is from DIGI cause opened a space on the Majic for amp. Absolutely got improvement in the system.

Thanks Dave
Don
Thanks, Don.  I try  8)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2018, 07:46:47 AM »
  Well are you Digi-Bussed ?? Any updates or changes to the original Digibuss ?? Great product.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2018, 06:15:40 PM »
  Well are you Digi-Bussed ?? Any updates or changes to the original Digibuss ?? Great product.

charles
Only the switch, Charles.  Everything else is tried and true!
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2021, 04:01:36 AM »
Just received my latest version DigiBUSS from Dave to use with my system. 

I have an original DigiBUSS as well to run the HAL MS-5 Music Server in the system.  The new one will be powering the dspNexus 2x8 DSP control system and Orchard Audio Starkrimson Class D monoblocks for the Magnetar open baffle planar speakers and servo subs.  This one is across the room from the first DigiBUSS.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2021, 07:07:32 AM »

charles

You would have to pry mine from my cold dead hands.  :D
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2021, 08:02:17 AM »
  Well all three up and running. One for my stereo the others for TV set ups.

charles