Author Topic: Now a believer  (Read 8582 times)

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
Now a believer
« on: October 27, 2012, 11:15:40 AM »
I have been doing a lot of listening sessions on my recently built Lambda speakers lately and I just bought some GIK grid diffusors. I can not believe the difference it made in my room. If someone was to tell me how much difference it would make i would say BS!. The imaging is better, there is more separation between instruments and there seems to be better "focus" almost like less smearing. I can hear more detail and hearing things i never heard before, and just from a 4 pack of diffusors. Now I will complete the room and purchase some TriTraps and more diffusors and some absorptive panels. Wow!
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: Now a believer
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 11:51:21 AM »
 :thumb:

It IS hard to describe what proper room treatment can do until they've actually heard it.  We did a demo at RMAF where we would play a cut and just pull down the diffusion at the side reflections and then replay.  People were shocked. It was not subtle.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 06:40:51 AM »
   Cool. AS I have tried to say forever one must try before claiming BS. Glad to hear that your hands on experience proved positive.
   Brains products are the real deal. Well worth the cost. As an aside the other day I spruced up the listening room and around some furniture and the like. To my surprise the soundstage collapsed. Put back some wool pillows were they were and it was back. My amateur attempt at room treatment had an affect. The pillows were on the rear wall. Our front wall uses wood diffusers
   The room the room the room is one of the keys to great sound.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rpf

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 10:15:18 AM »
I have four GIK panels and they made a very large difference in soundstage depth and imaging and bass articulation. When I move and set up in the new room, I'm going to order more products.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 10:16:59 AM by rpf »
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 07:11:02 PM »
Acoustic space, the final frontier.......

Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables