Author Topic: Room Lighting with Phillips Hue Bulbs  (Read 7250 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Room Lighting with Phillips Hue Bulbs
« on: January 07, 2019, 04:22:31 PM »
  Hey this new product has no wires can be controlled from phone and can be dimmed. Now all I need to figure out is how to use it all.  :)

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Room Lighting with Phillips Hue Bulbs
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 06:12:03 PM »
  Hey this new product has no wires can be controlled from phone and can be dimmed. Now all I need to figure out is how to use it all.  :)

charles

Those lights would be fun, but I already spent 💰 💰 replacing the whole house with LED bulbs
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 08:50:23 PM »
Guys.  Please buy these things!  I need more business.  The RFI and EMI products from them will keep me in business for frickin’ ever or until I Croak!

New tech pretty much equals audio SQ quality death.

PLEASE buy them!

LED, CFI, WiFi, Smart meters, etc all kill SQ and support my business.  Both of you are former customers so I will be happy to build you solutions  :thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline malloy

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • no grave concern for repercussion
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 09:16:30 PM »
HAHA! I was looking at a similar product last month at Ikea:  https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/lighting/smart_lighting/

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 09:39:25 PM »
Guys.  Please buy these things!  I need more business.  The RFI and EMI products from them will keep me in business for frickin’ ever or until I Croak!

New tech pretty much equals audio SQ quality death.

PLEASE buy them!

LED, CFI, WiFi, Smart meters, etc all kill SQ and support my business.  Both of you are former customers so I will be happy to build you solutions  :thumb:

I have to agree with Dave. Just because these light don't connect to dimmers doesn't mean that don't use them . The dimmers are just built into the bulbs. So now you will have one dimmer for each bulb instead of a single dimmer controlling a whole string. Not to mention all of the RF flying around to control them.

Once again it seems like one step forward with technology leads to two steps backwards for SQ.

This reminds me of an article I read a number of years back that was about an interview with some of the recording teams who worked on the golden age recordings from the 1950s. When asked why they sounded so good one of them replied "That's easy, the engineers had not yet invented the new technologies required to f#uck up the music." :rofl:

Funny yes, but sadly there's probably a lot of truth to that statement.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 10:38:13 PM »
I do like LEDs for the longevity and savings and won’t be buying those hue bulbs. All listening is done in the dark and with the fridge off as well. But these features are so cool 😎
I am assuming if these bulbs aren’t on, there wouldn’t be rf or emi being emitted to corrupt the music
Correct??
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 08:27:10 AM »
  I suspected that RFI thing good to hear clarified it. Dave before you really retire a " BUSS DEPOT with all your ingenious offerings in one box. DC blocker, Digibuss, Uberbuss and whatever other goodies you have.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 08:46:45 PM »
  I suspected that RFI thing good to hear clarified it. Dave before you really retire a " BUSS DEPOT with all your ingenious offerings in one box. DC blocker, Digibuss, Uberbuss and whatever other goodies you have.

charles
Remember - my “retirement” is conditional.  I will continue to service my past clients as long as possible.  It doesn’t mean I took my brain out of gear.  Far from it.  Hopefully there will be a new, very limited production (yes: expensive, unfortunately) power conditioner that will be the Swiss Army knife of audio power conditioners.  I’ve been working on this guy for over four years.  As with all of my products the first order of business is:  first, do no harm.  The second is to kick ass and to still be (at least semi) affordable.

The best will not be cheap.  Fair enough?
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 08:53:33 PM »

charles
Remember - my “retirement” is conditional.  I will continue to service my past clients as long as possible.  It doesn’t mean I took my brain out of gear.  Far from it.  Hopefully there will be a new, very limited production (yes: expensive, unfortunately) power conditioner that will be the Swiss Army knife of audio power conditioners.  I’ve been working on this guy for over four years.  As with all of my products the first order of business is:  first, do no harm.  The second is to kick ass and to still be (at least semi) affordable.

Fair enough 👍👍
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 09:45:15 PM »
I do like LEDs for the longevity and savings and won’t be buying those hue bulbs. All listening is done in the dark and with the fridge off as well. But these features are so cool 😎
I am assuming if these bulbs aren’t on, there wouldn’t be rf or emi being emitted to corrupt the music
Correct??
Yep.  I have listened for years in a dark room by candle light. It took me a while to realize that even incandescent with their 60/120Hz noise components took their toll on SQ.

Great music.  Candle lt room.  Glass of cognac or exceptional wine.  Does it get much better?
Oh, yeah:  a single malt for raucous rock and roll...   :thumb:

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 06:04:14 AM »

charles

The words best and cheap rarely if ever can be used in the same thought.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 08:10:58 AM »
HAHA! I was looking at a similar product last month at Ikea:  https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/lighting/smart_lighting/

Paul,
That’s a great gizmo. I could’ve used this back in the days when I was single and dating  🍷😎
Nick
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline JBNY

• Seeking Help
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2019, 09:29:04 AM »

I've got about 15 hue lights around the house. Christmas time as a lot of fun with all the lighting scenes we were running. The Hue lights also can pulse and change colors with the music, better than a lava lamp for some late night fun. 
-Joe
Von Schweikert Speakers/Seismic Isolation Podiums
W4S STP-SE STG2 Preamp/SST SOA2 Amp
Roon Core i7NUC/Synology 52TB NAS
Matrix X-SABRE PRO (MQA) DAC/Pi4 Ropieee
Pass Labs X-17 Phono/OL Resolution MK4 TT/Conqueror MK3c/Kiseki PH
Equi=core 1800 Balance

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2019, 10:31:20 AM »
   Hey Joe time for some R&B with those dancing lights. Meeting ??? Do your Fish swim to the beat ?

charles