Author Topic: What is this???  (Read 2564 times)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
What is this???
« on: July 05, 2018, 12:21:24 PM »
Plugs into the wall or I can install a compatible plug on new Ubers.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: What is this???
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 03:58:57 PM »

Care to elaborate,sir?? If you can squeeze more performance out of the Uber, I’m all in 👍
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 07:06:04 PM »

Care to elaborate,sir?? If you can squeeze more performance out of the Uber, I’m all in 👍
Sure, Nick.

Several years ago I manufactured the BUSS-Stop: a very high capacity (44 KA) 3 stage progressive surge protector.  I discontinued it 2 years ago primarily because I am a proponent of whole house protection.  There are some great whole house units available for not a lot of money.  That is all well and good for homeowners, but not so good for apartment dwellers and renters.

Recently I was contacted by a prospective customer that is a renter.  He was adamant about surge protection.  Being a capitalist that recognized a need I decided to resurrect the circuitry in a package that can be plugged into the wall or into an outlet on the Uber.  New Uber’s can be ordered with the rear mount chassis mount plug that will accept the BUSS-Stop Module.  That option is $20.00.  The Module itself is $229.00.  When the Module is ordered with a BUSS the plug charge is waived of course.

The Module is essentially a lifetime device.  It utilizes 3 separate surge modes:  gas discharge > avalanche diodes > new gen MOVs.  The MOVs will “probably” never come ito play.  At 44KA they are definitely the nuclear option for this device.  MOVs have come a long way.  If they never get hit, they are irrelevant.

$229.00 is a helluva a deal!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 07:09:35 PM by P.I. »
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 09:00:16 PM »

Sure, Nick.

Several years ago I manufactured the BUSS-Stop: a very high capacity (44 KA) 3 stage progressive surge protector.  I discontinued it 2 years ago primarily because I am a proponent of whole house protection.  There are some great whole house units available for not a lot of money.  That is all well and good for homeowners, but not so good for apartment dwellers and renters.

Recently I was contacted by a prospective customer that is a renter.  He was adamant about surge protection.  Being a capitalist that recognized a need I decided to resurrect the circuitry in a package that can be plugged into the wall or into an outlet on the Uber.  New Uber’s can be ordered with the rear mount chassis mount plug that will accept the BUSS-Stop Module.  That option is $20.00.  The Module itself is $229.00.  When the Module is ordered with a BUSS the plug charge is waived of course.

The Module is essentially a lifetime device.  It utilizes 3 separate surge modes:  gas discharge > avalanche diodes > new gen MOVs.  The MOVs will “probably” never come ito play.  At 44KA they are definitely the nuclear option for this device.  MOVs have come a long way.  If they never get hit, they are irrelevant.

$229.00 is a helluva a deal!

Great stuff, Dave!
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 11:28:52 AM »
Here is a picture of the inley on the back of an Uber.  The receptacle can also be used as a slave outlet, for additional gear.  It is placed before the Uber circuitry in parallel with the power inlet.