Author Topic: Adele 25  (Read 7316 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Adele 25
« on: November 19, 2015, 03:03:38 PM »
I haven't bought this yet, but probably will at some point. Especially since she has decided not to stream it. Good for her!

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/20/business/media/adele-music-album-25.html?_r=0

Anybody have it yet?

Offline shadowlight

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Adele 25
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 04:18:41 PM »
Not yet, but I plan to but it.  They enjoy listening to her and for a change my better half like the hello song when she heard it.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 06:11:41 PM »
I have both "19" & "21" on vinyl.... Night & Day difference compared to the CD version...

"25" will be an upcoming purchase!

Cheers,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline sleepyguy24

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 06:46:25 PM »
Hmm after the endorsement here I may get 25. I have 19 on vinyl and I didn't like the music. I liked the 21 album better. Adele's current song on the radio gets stuck in my head so I was a little reluctant to buy the 25 LP.

Offline pumpkinman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 05:38:39 AM »
Bought it the other day from Target w/ 3 bonus tracks for Mrs.P
Because I am The Pumpkinking

Offline sleepyguy24

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 08:47:32 AM »
Bought it the other day from Target w/ 3 bonus tracks for Mrs.P

Same here but I actually bought it for myself. Gave it a listen in the car during all the Thanksgiving driving I had to do. Lots of good songs although I wonder if Adele can ever sing a happy upbeat song.

I will give it a listen on one of my systems to evaluate more.

One track that was weird to me was track 3 I Miss You. The drum track seemed off beat to me or some kind of mistake. I think this method of music or concept was discussed in the forum earlier. I have to find that thread to read up on it.

Also one thing that surprised me was all the different producers that worked on this album. Pretty much each song has a different producer. I thought Adele would be working with Rick Rubin again like she did on the 21 album but she got all sorts of people. Maybe that is why it took 4 years for the album to come out?

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 07:47:56 PM »
I've got her DVD, "Live at the Royal Albert Hall", and I think it's a great DVD to watch. She's truly a character (cusses like a sailor!). If you like her, you'll love this DVD.

I have not heard "19".

A customer of mine brought me a copy of "25" today.
Her voice is nothing short of amazing, I'll give her that.
But about five songs into the album, while diving home, I begun to "forward" halfway through songs. A few more songs in, and I hit "next" within a minute into a song. Not sure I made it through every song.
I don't know. Like I said, her voice is amazing, but .... i dunno... It's like eating the icing from a birthday cake. It's wonderful at first, but doesn't take long before it's like "Uhg", I can't take any more. I know of no other artist that is so amazingly boring. Or is it "boringly amazing"?

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 09:33:37 PM »
Ive had enough. No interest in getting this album.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline ejk

• Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 07:08:05 AM »
Bought it for my wife and her voice is nice, I am tired of her . The radio stations overplayed it when it was released and now  don't hear much of her on the radio anymore. Could be because the radio station I listen to that she would be on is just playing Christmas (that's for you Charles) music since Thanksgiving
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline sleepyguy24

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 07:33:47 AM »
I find with Adele her music is good in spurts. You can't listen to it a lot or you will end up taking a hammer to it. I had the 25 album in rotation for a week then took it out. A month or so later I played it with the family and enjoyed. I think with the 25 album a lot of the songs sound the same and are kind of sad. I kept thinking to myself what her concerts must be like. Are all the women crying in the stands?

At least with the 21 album there were a couple of more upbeat happy tracks even though the subject matter was kind of not so upbeat. Rumour Has It and I'll Be Waiting come to mind.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 02:05:00 PM »
I have played Adele 25 in vinyl LP format many times. It is a very good recording and I enjoy the music as well. She's a very talented songwriter & her voice is not too bad as well...  :lol:

Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline mfsoa

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 03:39:32 PM »
Can't stand to hear her wailin' and moanin' and complainin'

"I..."
"You..."
"They..."
"We..."

Insert complaint. There I wrote lyrics to an Adele song.

Pass

-Crotchety Mike

Offline movielover40

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 02:16:15 PM »
My coworker let me borrow it.

Seems to me to be too much overproducing or whatever you call it. Like the Carpenters used to do with overdubs and stuff.

Her voice is decent but I just can't get into it.

When We Were Young is a good song w/o overproducing. Too bad the whole cd isn't like this song.