Author Topic: my new Audio Hungary APR 204 tube preamp  (Read 4829 times)

djdube525

Re: my new Audio Hungary APR 204 tube preamp
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2018, 04:42:09 AM »
Nick,

"Dims" are your friend for those pesky bright LEDs  8)

https://www.amazon.com/LightDims-Original-Strength-Electronics-Appliances/dp/B009WSJNCW

I just went to the Amazon link...

You can get this with "Expert Installation" for $129.59...  :shock:

Amazon is funny with some of these add on services.
I recently ordered a package of Chinese Sky Lanterns. These are basically paper hot air ballons. You lite a fuel soaked fiber wick in the bottom of the bag and it fills with hot air and floats off into oblivon. Aboslutely a single use item.

When I purchased the package of them I got an offer asking if I wanted to buy a two year extended warranty for them.  :roll:

I also once got an offer to buy a two years extended warranty for $4.00 on an item I was purchasing for  $1.99.  :shock:

Go figure.

That said, this looks like an interesting idea. I just ordered a pack.

This past weekend, I was picking up some toothbrush heads at Target for the ole Oral B 'lectric brush, and was asked whether I wanted to purchase a protection plan on that item. Odd... guess it's all about add on "services" these days.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: my new Audio Hungary APR 204 tube preamp
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2018, 09:11:06 AM »
   Good to know Nick. Yes that blue light is not a good thing for our eyes or brains. IMHO ALL on/off lights should be on back of component with on/off switch.  :duh

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.