Author Topic: Art Dudlleys CAF review  (Read 3211 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Art Dudlleys CAF review
« on: November 09, 2017, 09:30:59 AM »

Ever since publishing the first US review of a Rethm loudspeaker—in 2000, in Listener Magazine—I've followed this company with interest, and I was very happy to see company founder Jacob George at CAF 2017, and to hear, in the room sponsored by Well Pleased AV, his new full-range Rethm Bhaava loudspeaker ($3750/pair). Driven by a Qualiton A50i integrated amplifier ($7500), with a digital front end comprising the LinnenberG Telemann DAC ($5400) and Innuos Zenith SE server ($7000), and with Anticables cables throughout the system, these entry-level Rethms were immediate, fast, and musically and sonically clear.

Listening to Traffic's "Freedom Rider," I was especially impressed by the system's really good drive. Jim Capaldi's drumming was appropriately forceful: his slightly haphazard sound—in some ways, he was like a British version of the Band's Richard Manuel, if perhaps just a bit less loose—came through loud and clear. And the recording of Sarasate's "Zigeunerweisen" by Edgar Meyer, Mike Marshall, and Bela Fleck sounded beautiful—very colorful and richly toned and textured. A really remarkable system, one that I wish I could have listened to much longer. (I made it to this room approximately 25 minutes before the show closed!)

Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/art-wraps-it-caf2017#U1AgdFTFJ82QweOv.99
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
Re: Art Dudlleys CAF review
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 04:36:14 PM »
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

SN
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP