Author Topic: You know what grinds my gears?  (Read 59340 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Re: You know what grinds my gears?
« Reply #210 on: October 27, 2015, 01:22:37 PM »
This thread may require hip waders

Make sure yo get the right fit I recommend Dick's.  :)

charles

But if you look up there web site be sure to remember that it is

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com

If you look up www. dicks. com you will be in for a big surprise.  :shock: :shock: :shock:

(Did that by mistake ay work one day while looking for camping supplies. HUGE mistake.  :duh )
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #211 on: October 27, 2015, 01:32:36 PM »
shovels too, got to get a good shovel for this thread
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #212 on: October 27, 2015, 01:38:30 PM »
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #213 on: October 27, 2015, 01:39:38 PM »
that would make a good avator

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #214 on: October 27, 2015, 02:13:46 PM »
that would make a good avator

I agree you should use it. Your grinding my gears as always. No worry I just take it from where it comes. Nowhere.
   BTW it was not an error about Dick's thought you might feel at home mi Amigo. :rofl:

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline machinehead

• Obsessively Audiophilic
    • Affordable Web Design & Development
« Reply #215 on: October 27, 2015, 03:09:19 PM »
Feel the Bern!
Its cool ndude.

Offline KLH007

• Seeking Help
« Reply #216 on: October 27, 2015, 10:09:36 PM »
Sorry but that link is no longer valid.
maybe the server melted

Melted away, oh well. Actually what melted us at CAF was a visit from Lyn Stanley.
    Lyn asked us to put on Her CD. She began singing to the music and we could not tell the difference between live and the CD.
    Several reviewers were present including Kemper Holt from enjoythemusic and some others.
     Lyn after she stopped singing paused and made this statement. "I have sang in the so called highly touted rooms like VPI ,MBL today and your room is the ONLY one where I sound like me"
    Cannot get a better endorsement then that. The Truth with no agenda or audio politics. Goosebumps baby.
   Back to topic. I'll add audio politics.

charles

I think Lyn was singing to her take on Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love", and the CD playback sounded remarkedly like her live sing along. Lyn took a long time explaining how much care was taken in the recording/mixing chain to get it right, attention to details for a great result. Sitting through both solos on the Sheffield Drum disc, and enjoying the experience, confirmed how sensational the Sound Insight OB triple woofers sounded. Steve and Charlie played a number of bass spectaculars, as well as my compilation CAF CD, and from 100 hz down, not a room at CAF had better bass. Dynamics, speed, impact, no bloat or boom, the perfect compliment to a planar ( Maggie & Quad owners take note), or really any speaker that needs help down low.
     Because it's Halloween, a Frankensteinish idea popped into my head. Recalling the HQD speaker mashup from Mark Levinson (Hartley 24" woofer, 2 pairs of Quad 57s stacked in a custom rack, and a Decca ribbon tucked in between the Quads), "Imagine if you will", the same rack, 2 pairs of Kent McCollum's rebuilt 57s, Enigma Acoustics Sopranino electrostatic tweeter, and a pair of Sound Insight S-300 OB Woofers, I would love to hear that contraption.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #217 on: October 28, 2015, 10:17:13 AM »
   Thank you for the verification.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.