Author Topic: Tweak Time  (Read 2649 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Tweak Time
« on: February 27, 2019, 01:05:26 PM »
   Yes I'm out there. After reading a review of Silent Plugs I tried something. The review talked about resonance of circuit board. After the engineers measured such resonance they determined that dampening the RCA connector greatly reduced or eliminated it. Called in an order however SOLD OUT and for good reason they work very well. After some thinking got some "Q" tips trimmed off a slight amount of cotton and inserted in RCA to end.
  Sat back down and heard a more natural ease to the music. After taking in and out numerous times still heard an improvement. I called my buddy who owns a set of plugs to come over and listen to what I've done. He as well heard an obvious difference for the good. We then installed plugs in lieu of "Q" Tips. Well, well, well. The sound was better period.
  After he left went back to "Q" Tips however treated a pair with more cotton and thick tape. Even better. Even though you hear no "HI FI" sound as compared to natural sound you will now.
BTW the system was all Lamm, Aqua and Rethm.
  Silence your plugs, gents. Work very well put in hole of any unused banana speaker connection [ amp]. Arm yourself with "Q" tips and attack that noise. Silent plugs $200/four, "Q" Tips priceless. :thumb:

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Tweak Time
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 04:46:41 PM »
Don't know about RCA jacks and Q tips, but the circuit board on my preamp has damping pads between the mounting screws and the chassis. Should be a consideration if for no other reason than to damp the tube filled board.

My Hagerman Trumpet also has built in damping of the boards and how they are mounted, again it should help with the tubes.

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 03:14:41 AM »
you  have to remove the jack wax with the Q Tip!!
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 07:06:14 AM »
Has anybody tried those Herbies dampers for rca jacks?
Read quite a while back they were supposed to remove vibration.

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 07:54:38 AM »
  OK stop laughing and try it. The real deal in the Silent Plug product however the "Q" does have an affect.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 05:55:16 PM »
"jack wax" - so much could be done here. :shock:
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 07:42:51 PM »
Don't go there Gene, this is a family show.  :lol:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 10:44:20 AM »
What ? No one tried it too bad for you.

charles

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 12:49:33 PM »
OK Charles, I'll bite,
Who makes these silent plugs and where did you read about them?
Only thing I can find deals with guitar plugs.
Can you use cotton ball material or does it have to be QTip? Do you fill the entire jack or just a few rounds?
Not sayin I'm gonna do this but am curious.

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.