Author Topic: G2G at Rich's January 31  (Read 18497 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
G2G at Rich's January 31
« on: January 01, 2009, 08:19:32 AM »
3pm til whenever. Food served, small donation requested. I will cater from Daniel's Italian Restaurant in Cary. RSVP here.

Any new toys to show and tell?
Thanks!
Rich

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: G2G at Rich's January 31
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 02:15:44 PM »
I am IN  :drool:!

Want me bring anything?...besides the VT100mkIII...for you to play with  :lol:!
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

mgalusha

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 04:23:28 PM »
Now if they just offered free airline tickets. ;)

Offline richidoo

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 05:16:32 PM »
If you came Mike, that would be a party!! G2Gs would be a lot bigger if everyone came in from around the country, huh?

I think this will be a fun meet. I'm working on a lot of acoustic treatments and some other things, more info when/if any of it is ever finished - haha. Kids go back to school Monday, hopefully I can hit the ground running.

Steve, you and your AR electronics are always welcome! I'm dying to hear 6550s on my speakers.

Offline SteveB

• Seeking Help
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 05:30:36 PM »
Hey Mike  we could do a video conference with Skype and a webcam??? Audio would't be so hot but you could watch us drink beer and eat Italian and chat?? Just a thought. Anybody watch Oprah's Skype interviews? Works but sometimes the audio is a bit choppy. Just a krazy idea  :shock:

mgalusha

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 07:30:03 PM »
Hey Mike  we could do a video conference with Skype and a webcam??? Audio would't be so hot but you could watch us drink beer and eat Italian and chat?? Just a thought. Anybody watch Oprah's Skype interviews? Works but sometimes the audio is a bit choppy. Just a krazy idea  :shock:

That is damn funny but I suppose it's possible.  :rofl:

Oddly enough I did see part of the Oprah Skype interviews, my wife had it on when I came home from work one day and asked what Skype was.

I'll get a web cam so you can watch me drink Scotch.  :beer:

ik632

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 10:28:53 AM »
I will hopefully be able to attend this one. Logan is settling in nicely and I should be able to get a few hours away :D

Offline richidoo

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 12:15:16 PM »
Awesome Nick! Soon he will be tagging along.

ik632

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 01:08:06 PM »
He does like his music, doesn't really matter what type at this point though.  8)

Bigfish8

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 01:09:28 PM »
Hello Rich:

Thanks for arranging another G2G.  I have the date on my calendar!

My latest toys are the Turbo Upgrade and bybees to the ModWright Transporter.  I have also added a metal base GZ-34 and an EML-5U4G Mesh to my stash of rectifier tubes for the unit.  I also replaced my Candela with a Mapletree Line 2A SE.  It was a major step-up in the sound quality from my system, IMHO.

Let me know if you would like for me to bring either or both of these units.

Ken

Offline richidoo

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 01:53:45 PM »
Sounds great Ken. You are welcome to bring them.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 09:02:13 AM »
Just a bump to remind everybody this weekend is fast approaching. I think we will have about 10-15 people, and some new faces.

The system is sounding great thanks to Shane's Aluminata wires, Sols i60 amp, Carls equitech Q1.5, and some ugly but effective bass traps.

We should be able to setup a second small system too, using Sol's i30 and my Feastrex drivers in new small bookshelf cabinets.

A third system is possible using my new (used) AKG K701 headphones. We still need a headamp or preamp with headphone jack and a source to drive it. I have a SB3, but it will need a DAC and an amp - these cans are brutally revealling and SB3 is not enough gain.

Steve (stereofool) is bringing Raysonic again along with AR vt100mk3 tube amp, and Ken is bringing his retubed Transporter again. I have slimserver 6.5.4 running on the NAS. Sonos can attach directly to any media on the network, so bring your USB drives, flash drives, whatever can be shared. Of course we need CDs to feed the Raysonic. I may fire up the TT also, so bring some LPs if you want. My TT rig is good enough but not crazy. Maybe bring the EE phono preamp Carl?  BTW, don't plan on leaving at 6pm like usual. You are going to be held hostage til 9pm minimum.

Please park on driveway or street with all four tires on pavement. There are sprinklers on the edges of driveway and street that are easily broken under a tire. Don't make me plant camoflage sharp tip rebars...  :lol: Thanks.

I will get some catering for the dinner, please bring a donation for the cause. Danielson55.net is excellent. I will get a vegetarian dish too, PM if you have special diet. Thanks

After a long break, I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again.
Rich

ik632

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 11:35:01 AM »
If the old/new amp is cleaned up enough maybe I'll bring that too. Though it's only about 40 watts.  8)

Offline richidoo

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 12:57:56 PM »
Cool. That's why we're starting early so there is time to swap things and compare and learn without going crazy and rushing. 40W will work fine Nick. Does it have phono too? Headphone?? From that era it probably does... We'll give it a good workout  8)

ik632

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 04:23:20 PM »
Yup, phono or tuner then tape1 and tape2. Also has a headphone plug. Haven't tried it yet though.