Author Topic: Triode Wire Labs amazes me again!  (Read 5143 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Triode Wire Labs amazes me again!
« on: March 09, 2017, 08:47:43 AM »
Sometime last year I found a good deal on a second Sunfire True Subwoofer Super Jr, and picked it up so I could have a pair of stereo subs instead of a single unit. It provided me with a nice improvement but at the time it did not have another TWL cord so I puller a PC from Signal Cable out of my spare stock and used that one. I had put that one on the first sub when I originally got it and remembered how much better it sounded when I upgraded it to a TWL cord and wanted to eventually do that with the second one as well. My problem was that I could not remember which TWL cord eventually made it to the sub and I needed to move the rack to be able to find the serial number on it so Pete could make me a matching one.  About a month ago I finally put aside to time to move what I needed to and got the serial number. Last weekend Pete called to tell me that the matching cord was ready and I could come pick it up.

For comparison purposes I plugged both cords into the same outlet so I could easily swap them out at the sub end and evaluate to the differences. I listened for a little while and then knelt down next to the sub to swap the cords. while the music was playing I put my hand on the top of the sub to steady it while I pulled out the old cord and plugged in the TWL and was shocked at what I found. upon plugging in the TWL cord I could immediately notice the improvement, not with my ears, but rather with my fingers!!! AS soon as I plugged in the TWL cord I got a much clearer feeling of the notes. The rise times and decay were much quicker and I got a much better sense of the individual notes whereas with the Signal Cable the bass line was more of a flow between the notes as oppose to feeling each note in and of itself. I swapped the cords back and forth several times to make sure that this was actually related to the cords as opposed to just being a coincidental change in the music and got the same results each time.

Of course it is hard to tell what it sounds like when down at floor level behind the main speakers, but when I got back to the sweet spot I heard the same kind of sonic improvements that I felt with my hands (although it was not a big of an improvement as I got when I upgraded the first sub, since I had one sub TWL equipped either way, but it did fill in and balance that system nicely now that both subs are playing the same.)

I found it very interesting that I could use senses other than hearing to detect the sonic improvements gained from using TWL cords. I guess when it's good, it's good, not matter how you see it....or hear it.... or feel it.

Way to go Pete!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 05:55:33 PM by tmazz »
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Triode Wire Labs amazes me again!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 04:51:34 PM »
  If ya ever try his Silver Statement you will need depends. :rofl:

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Re: Triode Wire Labs amazes me again!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 06:15:53 PM »
I've got a new UberBuss on order from Dave that combines both the Uber and the DigiBuss *AND* I'm having a TWL Silver Statement PC integrated into it.

Already peeing in my pants and haven't even received it yet.

Thank you Dave and Pete!  Can't wait.