Author Topic: "music scan terminated unexpectedly" SqueezeCenter 7.4.1 and 7.4.2  (Read 38876 times)

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
Re: "music scan terminated unexpectedly" SqueezeCenter 7.4.1 and 7.4.2
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 08:48:59 PM »
Thanks guys.

Alright, I'll do the Revo thing, but when I reinstall should I do the latest "retail" version, or the latest nightly version?

I've deleted my Antivirus program altogether (to eliminate it as a possibility). Unless there's some weird thing running in the background I don't know about????

Here's a screenshot of the ping. Looks good to me.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2009, 07:34:01 AM »
I'm using the latest 7.4.2 nightly and it seems rock solid.   

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2009, 08:33:52 AM »
Unless there's some weird thing running in the background I don't know about????

Besides windows?    :rofl:

You pinged something, but was it 127.0.0.1:9093? If so it returned your DNS service, opendns.com. Can you disable that temporarily?

127.0.0.1:9093   is the database port on your local machine. 

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2009, 08:55:52 AM »
Thanks Mike. When the time comes, I'll reinstall with the latest nightly.

Rich. Can I just delete OpenDNS?
I did that one day thinking I knew what I was doing. I think there was an issue with excessive intake of liquid intelligence that caused me to do that.  :roll:
It pops up (not literally) from time to time and I wouldn't mind if it was gone.

I did a copy and paste of your "ping 127.0.0.1:9092 -n 100" and the screen shot I posted is what came up. I didn't know the results are "9093". I don't even see that in the shot. How can you tell, and how can you tell OpenDNS was involved.
Actually, now that I think about it, your explanation would probably be over my head. I appreciate your assistance. Don't wanna burden you by asking stupid questions. All I need to know is can I delete OpenDNS, or should I keep it.

Thanks man,
Bob

Offline richidoo

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2009, 09:30:39 AM »
No problem whatsoever!   That returned IP address in your screen print is from OpenDNS network, gleaned from an IP lookup.

OpenDNS  It speeds browsing by getting name resolution from OpenDNS name server which is supposedly faster than your ISP's own DNS servers, but the ping was consistently on the slow side at 50mS, so I don't know how much faster it really is, maybe..... It sits in memory to "help you" with various other browsing tasks and protection from bad boys. You can ditch it.  Use Revo to really clean it out.

I remembered that you can't ping a specific port as I was asking you to do, so instead of error message from windows, you got sent to openDNS to try to resolve it. So nevermind about the ping. Maybe serendipitously discovering openDNS and deleting it will help in one way or another..   9093 is an active port number on the local computer's internal IP address 127.0.0.1. All computers have that same internal IP address. The MySQL database used by Squeezecenter is on your computer and is contacted by any application through that IP address and port number.   You can think of ports as phone numbers for programs to call each other using TCP/IP protocol. Like an office number inside a building where the building is the IP address.

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2009, 09:51:21 AM »
Excellent information Rich, thank you VERY much.
I'll take dumb luck, or as you so eloquently phrased it "serendipitously discovering", anyday. My goals for the day are to:
- Install Revo
- Uninstall OpenDNS
- Uninstall anything to do with Squeeze.
- Poke around with Revo to delete anything else I think might be bits of trash that haven't gone away from previous uninstalls.

Two questions;
-#1 When I uninstall OpenDNS, will "things" revert to my provider automatically, or will I then findmyself logging in here on my wifes PC because this one is no longer able to connect to the internet because I need to change some setting.
Basically, will I be "F"ing myself.
- #2 When I use Revo to uninstall Squeeze, will it merely be uninstalling the current version in use, or will it actively search for all of the older versions (7.4.1 - 7.4.0 - 7.3._) and kill them too?

By the way, I do occasionally use "The Ultimate Troubleshooter" from time to time.
That's a great piece of software that has helped me find nasty things.
Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Thanks again!
Bob

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2009, 10:28:13 AM »
Uninstalling OpenDNS shouldn't pose any problems - I've done the same.  Worst case is you might need to do an ipconfig /renew from the CMD prompt or simply reboot, but it should cleanly revert to your provider (or however your router is configured if it is serving up DNS).

Revo first runs the software's uninstall and then goes hunting for leftover directories and registry entries.  If earlier versions still remain in different directories (but no longer actually installed), you might need to find them by hand.

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2009, 10:36:52 AM »
Alright cool. Revo is currently on a recon mission for things to "Squeeze".  :twisted:
I'll be having fun playing "search and destroy" for things to delete.

more soon.
Bob

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2009, 07:03:01 PM »
Just for grins, I installed Ad-aware, and Malwarebytes. Scanned the drive, no problems.
Used Revo to uninstall both pieces of software.
I still have "TUT" (The Ultimate Troubleshooter) and it showed things are clean.
Used "Hijackthis", everything looks good.

Uninstalled SqueezeCenter, OpenDNS, and a few other bits and pieces using Revo.
Reboot PC.

Install nightly SqueezeCenter 7.4.2-29679
Changed setting to "Run at system start up" as Mike suggested.

Scanning the library now....... :beer:

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2009, 08:11:45 PM »
Nope.....still "terminating unexpectedly".  :(

Here's the log:

[09-12-26 20:26:37.3752] main::init (320) Starting Squeezebox Server (v7.4.2, r29679, Sat Dec 26 04:01:57 PST 2009) perl 5.010000
[09-12-26 20:26:47.3752] Slim::Schema::init (148) Warning: Creating new database - empty database or database from 6.3.x found
[09-12-26 20:26:47.3774] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (82) Error: DBI Exception: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'slimserver.dbix_migration' doesn't exist [for Statement "SELECT value FROM dbix_migration WHERE name = ?;
"]
[09-12-26 20:26:47.3782] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (82) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 82)
   frame 1: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 957)
   frame 2: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::__ANON__ (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>DBIx/Migration.pm line 237)
   frame 3: (eval) (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>DBIx/Migration.pm line 233)
   frame 4: DBIx::Migration::_version (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>DBIx/Migration.pm line 149)
   frame 5: DBIx::Migration::version (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Schema.pm line 479)
   frame 6: Slim::Schema::migrateDB (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Schema.pm line 162)
   frame 7: Slim::Schema::init (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Music/Import.pm line 745)
   frame 8: Slim::Music::Import::_checkLibraryStatus (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Music/Import.pm line 678)
   frame 9: Slim::Music::Import::useImporter (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Music/MusicFolderScan.pm line 48)
   frame 10: Slim::Music::MusicFolderScan::init (slimserver.pl line 429)
   frame 11: main::init (slimserver.pl line 572)
   frame 12: main::main (slimserver.pl line 98)
   frame 13: PerlSvc::Interactive (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>PerlSvc.pm line 99)
   frame 14: PerlSvc::_interactive (slimserver.pl line 0)
   frame 15: (eval) (slimserver.pl line 0)

[09-12-26 20:26:47.3804] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (82) Error: DBI Exception: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'slimserver.dbix_migration' doesn't exist [for Statement "SELECT value FROM dbix_migration WHERE name = ?;
"]
[09-12-26 20:26:47.3812] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (82) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 82)
   frame 1: Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 957)
   frame 2: DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::__ANON__ (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>DBIx/Migration.pm line 237)
   frame 3: (eval) (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>DBIx/Migration.pm line 233)
   frame 4: DBIx::Migration::_version (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>DBIx/Migration.pm line 78)
   frame 5: DBIx::Migration::migrate (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Schema.pm line 481)
   frame 6: Slim::Schema::migrateDB (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Schema.pm line 162)
   frame 7: Slim::Schema::init (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Music/Import.pm line 745)
   frame 8: Slim::Music::Import::_checkLibraryStatus (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Music/Import.pm line 678)
   frame 9: Slim::Music::Import::useImporter (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Music/MusicFolderScan.pm line 48)
   frame 10: Slim::Music::MusicFolderScan::init (slimserver.pl line 429)
   frame 11: main::init (slimserver.pl line 572)
   frame 12: main::main (slimserver.pl line 98)
   frame 13: PerlSvc::Interactive (/<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~2\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>PerlSvc.pm line 99)
   frame 14: PerlSvc::_interactive (slimserver.pl line 0)
   frame 15: (eval) (slimserver.pl line 0)

[09-12-26 20:27:00.6408] Slim::Plugin::MusicMagic::Plugin::initPlugin (265) Can't connect to port 10002 - MusicIP disabled.
[09-12-26 20:27:01.5945] main::checkDataSource (967) Warning: Schema updated or no tracks in the database, initiating scan.
[09-12-26 20:38:06.4846] main::init (320) Starting Squeezebox Server (v7.4.2, r29679, Sat Dec 26 04:01:57 PST 2009) perl 5.010000
[09-12-26 20:38:15.6096] main::checkDataSource (967) Warning: Schema updated or no tracks in the database, initiating scan.
[09-12-26 20:55:22.6721] main::init (320) Starting Squeezebox Server (v7.4.2, r29679, Sat Dec 26 04:01:57 PST 2009) perl 5.010000
[09-12-26 20:55:34.3752] main::checkDataSource (967) Warning: Schema updated or no tracks in the database, initiating scan.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2009, 05:55:58 AM »
When you did the uninstall, did you blow away all your old preferences as well?    Was the full Program Files\Squeezebox directory deleted?  I suspect so, but thought I'd ask since I ran into that awhile back.

I somehow suspect the directory scan is running into some kind of corrupt music files and there's a couple threads in forums.slimdevices.com that indicated such.   Have you ever been able to successfully run a 7.4 version with your current music?   Is there anything in the scan log that shows what music it was on when it failed?

See this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69127

On the 2nd page, it seems this guy had a very similar problem that seems to have been caused by a couple of corrupt .wav files. 

Offline richidoo

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2009, 08:11:54 AM »
Another hardware platform (Bubba) having same issues.
http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?p=9441

Please create a new test directory and put only one file in there, then ~10 then ~100 then 1000 if you have success. If there is a certain spot that always crashes it, use that track or area. If there are weird characters like accents delete the weird character from the name in the test directory to see if that fixes it. If not delete the weird character in the tag also and test again. Debugging is a pita.  But at least you know they are working on it if you don't want to bother. Just go back to 7.3 for now.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=17482

https://bugs.slimdevices.com/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=music+scan+terminated+unexpectedly
Press the "Long Format" button to see the details and responses.  Feel free to participate in the bug hunt by posting your experience on the appropriate thread.

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2009, 10:34:50 AM »
I received an email from a concerned bystander asking if I've performed the Windows "[Error Checking and Repair Scan]" of the music harddrive. No I hadn't, so I thought it sounded like a good idea. The scan took 13.5 hours. I assume all is well because there was no error messages, no report, no nothing.
Am about to do Squeeze scan of the library to see if that "fixed" anything.

Rich, I'll check out the Bubba thread. Thank you VERY much for that. Nice to know since misery loves company.
I also completely forgot to do the new directory that you've now mentioned twice. I forgot the first time.  :duh Sorry about that.
With the exception of one time, it does seem to always stop around the 55,000-58,000 song area. There might be something right around there pissing it off.

Mike, yes.....When I deleted Squeeze, I deleted E*V*E*R*Y*T*H*I*N*G that had anything to do with Squeeze. At least everything that Revo could find, that is.

Ok, here are the plans for today.......  :roll:

#1 Rescan the library to see if the [Error Checking and Repair] did anything.
#2 Create the smaller sub directory as Rich asked and rescan
and if those don't work....
#3 Visit and participate in the Slim Forums.
#4 Drink lots of beer while performing the above tasks.

Sounds like a fun filled day.  :rofl:
Bob

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2009, 10:38:07 AM »
.......in addition to that.....
I just fired up the Squeeze software to "clear and rescan" and it's been rescanning the library for over six minutes now.
How the Hell does that happen?  :wtf:

Bob

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 02:36:44 PM »
Rich, I was able to sucessfully scan select smaller folders, as opposed to the "big one". Those scan just fine. I still don't get playlists, but that's expected since they're located in the 'biggie' folder.

I did start >> a bug report with Slimdevices, << thanks for the heads-up on that.

I've not touched this issue since last Sunday. If things don't get fixed soon, I'll revert back to 7.3.x.

There's a spare PC sitting in my workshop I could wipe out. Due to this and other PC issues, I'm tempted to spend the cash and upgrade that one to '7', then start populating the "new" PC with my old stuff.
But that's not what I wanted to spend money on right now.

Maybe.....

Bob