Author Topic: SB3 PS  (Read 3773 times)

halo

SB3 PS
« on: November 27, 2008, 02:06:00 PM »
Does anyone here have any expierience with the CIAudio PS http://www.ciaudio.com/ for the SB3? I'm using one right now and it gets VERY hot. Just wondered if this was "normal". Thanks!

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: SB3 PS
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 04:05:12 PM »
Never tried the CIA. But my SB psu has 5V/2A and does get very warm. It's no problem if there is cool air circulating around it. You should be able to touch it though, if it's too hot to touch then contact Dusty for fixin.

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 07:55:20 PM »
You should contact Chris at BPT.  I listened to his battery supply for the SB the other night and it was absolutely killer.  It's on par or slightly better than Wayne's (bolder cable) Ultimate Rev IV with the Aksa pre-regulation circuit that I own.  Very close - very very close.

It's not an official product yet on his site but he's building a few to get feedback.  It's also , 1/2 the price.  If I didn't already have one of the Bolders, I'd buy it.  Don't get me wrong, I love my Rev IV. The difference is not enough to change certainly.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

halo

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 10:11:55 PM »
Yes, Bryan, it is too hot to touch. Will contact Dusty tomorrow. Thanks for the advice fellas!