Author Topic: PIAUDIO BETABUSS  (Read 31056 times)

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: PIAUDIO BETABUSS
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2018, 08:03:09 AM »
Quite a difference in measurements in Dan’s system. Somewhere in my garage I have an emf meter and I’ll be curious what those readings will show.

Dave, as the results can vary per user and placement, can you conjecture what factors might be involved? Also, if it’s not proprietary, can you comment if your methodology is similar to the old Audio Prism Quiet Line modules? They worked well If I recall correctly, but I just got tired of having so many of them plugged into my outlets.
Nick
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 08:07:14 AM by Nick B »
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline TrueAudio

• Seeking Help
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2018, 02:02:23 PM »
Also, didn’t follow what he was saying about smart meters and transmission of microwaves.
Check out this other video (I recommend everyone watch this):

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqt5lq

"The measuring of the Frequencies and RF's are shown here and the dangers of these damnable meters ongoing in AZ."

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2018, 04:24:39 PM »
Also, didn’t follow what he was saying about smart meters and transmission of microwaves.

"The measuring of the Frequencies and RF's are shown here and the dangers of these damnable meters ongoing in AZ."
+1  :shock:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2018, 05:06:53 PM »
Quite a difference in measurements in Dan’s system. Somewhere in my garage I have an emf meter and I’ll be curious what those readings will show.

Dave, as the results can vary per user and placement, can you conjecture what factors might be involved? Also, if it’s not proprietary, can you comment if your methodology is similar to the old Audio Prism Quiet Line modules? They worked well If I recall correctly, but I just got tired of having so many of them plugged into my outlets.
Nick
Differential line noise that exists on AC lines is a type that is easily suppressed. It is a tiny component of AC noise and can be dealt with cheaply.  It prevails when there is a high-ish DC component on the power lines.  Several orders of magnitude higher is common mode noise that is the real culprit.  Audio Prism and PS Audio produced devices to deal with this noise along with others.  Their theory of operation was to strip off the HF noise components with simple LC networks and then turn that noise into heat through the use of a diode.  This is an over simplification, but that is essentially their function.  Problem is that most of this filtration is happening > 100KHz.  This helps tweeters live, but is inadequate for broadband noise suppression.  My products share nothing in common with those devices other than they contain wire, resistors and capacitors.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2018, 11:52:34 PM »

Very interesting and concerning as well. We are bombarded with so many external stimuli from so many sources like chemicals, food additives, microwaves, emf,  etc etc that its a wonder that our immune ststems can tolerate them. Then there are those folks who are affected and it must be a needle in a haystack to figure out what it might be.
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline TrueAudio

• Seeking Help
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2019, 07:07:32 AM »
Ok, so have a DigiBUSS and UberBUSS for the front end and BlunderBUSS and MiniBUSS for the amps in the system now with TWL's power cables. 

What would the BetaBUSS do in that case?
Rich, you use it on the opposite branch circuit (phase, other side of the panel... whatever) to address the noise on that branch.  It is about further noise reduction on the Neutral as well as RFI on that branch.  The effects are not that subtle since the thigh bone is connected to the hip bone that stabilizes both legs.  Audio humor there.   8)

Again, more useable power under the curve on the opposite branch can't hurt, either.
Hi Dave, got my unit, I cannot thank you enough.  Will be evaluating it more when I have time, initial impressions, definitely many improvements.  That being said, I bolded your last sentence because it's quite important.  More usable power is exactly that--with all of the noise riding on the line, those are *non power frequencies*, and they do not just magically disappear when seen by anything that uses AC.  It causes thermal heating effects in motors, hysteresis losses, multiple things that cause inefficiency and also reduce longevity of electronics.  Lower frequencies from what I understand, around 300Hz, can actually cause counter-veiling magnetic "friction" in motors.  I was using a Bill Seneca designed (from the 1980's) Promethean Power-Flo as a parallel filter sharing the outlet that I have the Topaz Xformer plugged into, and your unit easily bests that even just going my measurements alone--your unit having better than double the noise reduction just being plugged into the same receptacle.  I notice similar effects as the digibuss in terms of seeming elimination of the digitalness, brittle, hardness of even streamed video/audio on my 4K player, and out-of nowhere fine clean detail and "the ability to see 'into' the picture" that simply was non-existent before plugging in the Buss Depot.  Legendary product in a world of "my technology is better than yours" - no advertising required.  I'll evaluate over this more in a few weeks.  Thanks again.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 07:09:31 AM by TrueAudio »

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2019, 08:01:25 AM »
Dave is a force to be reckoned with.

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.