Author Topic: Digi Buss and Model Railroading  (Read 2748 times)

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
Digi Buss and Model Railroading
« on: January 15, 2018, 11:07:44 AM »
In my attic I have my train room. I am an O gauge modeler so it is all Lionel stuff from the 40's, 50's and 60's. (Yes, I will admit I have some new stuff like MTH, Williams etc.)

I also have stereo set up in my attic as well. The unfortunate thing is that I do not have a dedicated circuit for my attic stereo system. If you are familiar with model trans, lots of big transformers operating the equipment. Needless to say, lots of AC noise on my attic circuit. Note: The attic receptacles. are on a dedicated circuit.

My solution is the DigiBuss that Dave makes. All my transformers are plugged into the Digi. The stereo system is handled by a MiniBuss. So far no weird noises on the stereo system with the Digi blocking out the nasties.

So if you are into model railroading and want to keep your AC system clean from the transformer noise, the Digi is the way to go! :)
Parasound A21, Parasound JC2BP, Oppo 205 BR/SACD Disc Player, Marantz ST6000 Tuner, GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers and Supersub XXL, Triode Wire Labs interconnects, power cables and speaker wire, PI Audio Uber, Mini and Digibuss, Border Patrol DAC

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Re: Digi Buss and Model Railroading
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 11:39:16 AM »
In my attic I have my train room. I am an O gauge modeler so it is all Lionel stuff from the 40's, 50's and 60's. (Yes, I will admit I have some new stuff like MTH, Williams etc.)

I also have stereo set up in my attic as well. The unfortunate thing is that I do not have a dedicated circuit for my attic stereo system. If you are familiar with model trans, lots of big transformers operating the equipment. Needless to say, lots of AC noise on my attic circuit. Note: The attic receptacles. are on a dedicated circuit.

My solution is the DigiBuss that Dave makes. All my transformers are plugged into the Digi. The stereo system is handled by a MiniBuss. So far no weird noises on the stereo system with the Digi blocking out the nasties.

So if you are into model railroading and want to keep your AC system clean from the transformer noise, the Digi is the way to go! :)
Awesome!  Who knew.  'O' is really cool stuff.  I got rid of all of my Lionel 40+ years ago.  Part of it was because my original transformer smoked and we had a second girl on the way.  My hobby room became her bedroom.  After all of these years I still consider that a great trade!  If anyone lives in Portland and is a member of Legacy Health Care her name is Dr. Alicia Hidalgo, internal medicine.  Tell her Daddy says "Hi".  That would blow her mind   :thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 09:01:56 AM »
  Speaking of other uses try one for your TV, cable box and router, oh my !!!!!  CHooooo Chooooo ! Love it, I miss mine sold my Lionel.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 01:19:36 PM »
Happen to have any photos of the set-up?

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 08:51:10 PM »
Got my American Flyer when I was nine. My dad laid it all out on a 4’x 8’ sheet of plywood and it was beautiful. Best Christmas present ever and how and where he kept it hidden until the 25th I’ll never know. Kept it for many years and finally gave it away to a railroad enthusiast who was going to restore  and display it. He promised to call and invite me to a show, but he never did....

Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS