Author Topic: EE DAC arrived, G2G 8/8!  (Read 28086 times)

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: EE DAC arrived, G2G 8/8!
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010, 12:47:07 PM »
I'd love for you to join us, and I'm sure that Carl will agree. I'm sure that you can PM Carl for directions.

If you can make it, then you'll have 2 good weekends, back-to-back, with the CanFEST on the 14th.

Hope to see you at BOTH  :D.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

bacobits

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2010, 06:31:01 PM »
I would like to come again too.
Just to see you nut cakes and Carl's finished room.
I can bring some killer WyWires.

Den

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2010, 03:09:33 PM »
It would be great to see some new faces and ones we haven't seen in a while..
Everyone's invited and welcome, just let me know if you need directions/address via PM.
-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline chrisa

• Seeking Help
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2010, 06:57:07 PM »
Carl,

I hope to make this one. PM me the directions if you would.

Chris

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2010, 04:46:12 PM »
All PM's replied and directions sent.. Looks like we're going to have a fun crowd! :) :) :)
-C

ebag4

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2010, 08:11:50 AM »
I hope the Tranquilty DAC makes it to your G2G as well.  I have not read of any direct comparisons between the EE and Tranquility DACs, could be very interesting!

Have a geat G2G! :thumb:

Best,
Ed

Offline hometheaterdoc

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2010, 08:27:27 AM »
I'm going to try to make it to this.

I'll drop off the PS Audio Transport and DAC if you want to include them Carl?  I can drop them off early so you have them even if I can't make it..... anything else you need from me?
Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2010, 11:45:14 AM »
There you are!
I have a bag of goodies for you, Shane.. and it'd be nice to see my soldering iron again. ;)

Also, Bill says the AES digital in sounds the best.. If you want to lend your PC to the comparison, I think that'd be the best possible transport available.

I'll give you a call later this afternoon and we'll work it out.

Thanks,
Carl

bacobits

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2010, 05:38:28 PM »
Tomorrow tomorrow........

I will be bringing A Ray Samueles Night Hawk Phono Pre. I may bring my Nova Phenomena Phono pre. BTW, the RS is NOT better in any way than my Nova.
Also, all WyWires, 3 Pr Interconnects and speaker cables all "cooked".

I think these cables are fantastic. Read about them on the AC board under Industry ads.

Some of this stuff is from Fred, aka "Gopher" from the NY audio gang.
Myself along with Fred and a bunch others were in on the beta testing of the WyWires.
We all have very different systems and $$ levels.
We got to keep these. Alex of WyWires has been extremely generous.

I hope we have time to flip some of this stuff.

D

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2010, 06:44:46 PM »
Cool, we'll slap it in there if we have time, Den.  We're mainly comparing DAC's then we'll delve into whatever people want to do. 

Some folks have asked about bringing things.  I think it's a good idea if you bring a snack or drink.  I will provide water and I have a few beers from previous meets... and I have Scotch and wine.  So, please bring something you would eat or drink.  I'm sure others will share and it'll just work out.

I will have some plain rice cakes, tofu, Ezekial bread and other odd stuff around as a penalty for those who have no snacks. ha. ;)  If the meet runs into dinner time, I plan on ordering pizza... Just too much going on to cook or prep.

Thanks,
Carl

bacobits

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2010, 06:54:40 PM »
Got it!

D

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2010, 06:00:25 AM »
Shane has delivered the PS Audio transport and DAC, along with his PC that has the Lynx audio card w/ AES/ABU output.  THANKS!

It's interesting to hear how the PS Audio transport/dac works.. seems like a copy of how an audio PC works.. but it looks just like a cd player/dac and also has digital inputs and volume control.  Good stuff.

We should have enough digital outputs to compare 3 DAC's and I have a transport.. so I have what I need to do DAC comparing, and even a wide variety of options at that.  But it should work out to have all 3 DAC's plugged into Shane's PC.

If other DAC's show up, we'll probably have to swap something in our out.

After the DAC comparisons it'd be fun to hear the difference in the phono pre's.. I'm hoping we'll have time/energy.

-C

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2010, 07:14:39 AM »
I'll bring the Vista AC1 phone pre, I've been playing it a lot lately so it's limbered up. It is 40dB gain only, but it might be enough with Carl's high output MC. My cart is 4mV and my volume control is down low. The preamp can add a little more if needed.

I am doing the final assembly of Sol's battery powered headphone amp today, so hopefully that will be ready to come along. I will bring my cans and people can listen to the DACs through cans too, or bring your own cans.

Looking forward to hearing the PS and EE DACs side by side.  My Buffalo2 is not ready. I ordered the new Legato discreet output stage and shunt power supplies, but it's not here yet. Maybe the EE will still be around for next g2g at my place.  I don't think there has been published a direct comparison of EE and Buffalo yet.

See yall reeeeal soon!
Rich

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2010, 08:15:21 AM »
Don't forget to bring a few records, then!
I've never heard a good 'can' setup so that'll be interesting.

Also, Shane please bring your power strip.

Thanks and looking forward to it!  I won't be ready but I'm looking forward to it! ;)

-C

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2010, 10:44:20 AM »
Kids sucked up every minute this morning. Sorry, no HP amp this time.   I am so full of shit.  :roll: