Author Topic: Sugarcube SC2  (Read 2154 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Sugarcube SC2
« on: February 15, 2018, 08:36:18 AM »
  So we have a component that digitizes the analog removes all clicks and pops and does no harm ???  :duh Will be hearing a demo Friday night at our club meeting.  www.sweetvinyl.com Not a dealer of such.
Anyone try one ? Sabre chip, DSP,  :roll: We shall see well hear.

charles
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 08:39:10 AM by rollo »
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Re: Sugarcube SC2
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 10:44:34 AM »
I will keep an open mind, but I can't imagine a phono signal going through an A-D-A conversion with signal processing in the middle and not losing something.

That said let's keep in mind that this device is a tool, and it is a tool that is meant to be used on LPs that are in sub par condition in the first place.

If you have a pristine condition LP you have no need to use this device in the first place.

So the real question here is not rally does the unit do no harm , but rather is the any harm that it might do less than the amount of harm that the clicks and pops cause.

Or in other words, do you have a better listening with a slightly degraded signal with no clicks and pops, or the full fidelity of the unprocessed signal with the clicks and pops?

Come to think about it, this is starting to sound just like the LP vs CD arguments we have been having for the last 30 years.  :duh

Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 08:56:58 AM »
 I cannot fathom going through a process and chip that nothing is affected. However many claim it is the real deal.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 12:27:27 PM »
Well we heard the result. The sound basically remained unchanged. The clicks and pops gone gone gone. Maybe a slight loss in presence but one had to strain to hear that.
Overall a VG product. If one has some super duper music in fair shape buy one. Not a dealer.

charles