Author Topic: Scotty's First Speakers! oh my  (Read 2682 times)

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
Scotty's First Speakers! oh my
« on: May 21, 2011, 04:43:39 PM »
Just bought these speakers for my youngest son Scott because he has no audio gear, unlike his brother!
AR 90's, the woofers are shot as well as the lower midranges so off to see Bill Legall tomorrow, let him do his thing.
They sound great even shot to hell! Two 10 inch side firing woofers per side means they make bass and they need power 87 db 4 ohm oi vey!
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Scotty's First Speakers! oh my
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 05:09:08 PM »
Well...what a GOOD dad  :thumb:!

Now he can be the good influence to lead his buddies from the abyss of MP3's and earbuds  :lol:.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 05:51:01 PM »
Well...what a GOOD dad  :thumb:!

Now he can be the good influence to lead his buddies from the abyss of MP3's and earbuds  :lol:.

One can only hope.....   [-o<
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 05:13:53 AM »
Those bring back memories, I had AR 9LS, they got beat over 20+ years and I was going to redo them, found the web page below, but then sold them for $100 as I hadn't yet taught myself to solder.

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/library/acoustic_research/ar-9_series_1978-1981/ar-9_series_manuals/
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."