Author Topic: Let's get ready to RRRRAAAAAAVVVVVEEEEE!  (Read 8416 times)

Offline goldlizsts

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Let Music Pass!
Re: Let's get ready to RRRRAAAAAAVVVVVEEEEE!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2018, 06:36:47 PM »
Regardless, best to your retirement, of course.  I live in the city, too much going on, including crimes.... can't have enough time to do various things perhaps. 

Sorry to report, I have another family gathering Sat.  So I have to excuse myself from the event.  But... I may have the opportunity to sneak out earlier (we'll be getting together in the morning) and still come to the party.

Now Emil please PM your address to me anyway.  Thanks.

Shek

Offline hogg

• Certifiable
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 04:47:38 PM »
Bob, good luck in the Sunshine state.  I can't attend tomorrow but allow me to offer best wishes to you an your family.

Jim
Strong as an Ox and twice as smart

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
BobM's Party - RSVP
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2018, 03:22:07 AM »
Hi Emil and BobM,

Don't think I should leave it hanging.  I mean, don't want to chance I'll be able to break away to come to the big party.  So, I'd rather say "count me out" for the gathering. 

Regardless, Bob, wish you the BEST in your retirement, in the year-round golfing environment of FL. :X :thumb:

Shek

Offline ejk

• Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 12:13:44 AM »
Good luck Bob. We had a great time at your retirement rave. Would have been better if you were there
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2018, 07:52:35 AM »
Good luck Bob. We had a great time at your retirement rave. Would have been better if you were there

Wait, do you mean Bob wasn't there? :duh

Offline Putz

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2018, 08:38:52 AM »

Where'd you buy that camera, Sears?

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2018, 09:38:03 AM »

Where'd you buy that camera, Sears?

and there's a huge smudge on the lens to the left :lol:
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2018, 09:39:40 AM »
Joe

anything new in your system since the last time i was there?
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2018, 10:01:44 AM »
I see Wes was in full character
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2018, 11:07:53 AM »
Hi Emil,
Yeah, I picked up a Denafrips Terminator DAC. Still needs some break in but sounding really nice.
I saw you sold the BP Dac, that’s why I suggested the Denafrips Ares. It suppose to be great for the money!

Bob, I want to wish you all the best with your move and retirement.
Sorry I missed your party. It would have been a horrible drive in holiday traffic.
Hope everyone had fun!

I guess you’ll be playing a lot a good.😁 In Sarasota, you can check out Mike’s (audioshark) Gulf Coast Audio store.  Looks like a nice place to hear good equipment.

Best,
Joe
VPI classic3,3d arm, Lyra Kleos SL,K&K maxxed-out phonostage,Quadratic MC-1 SUT,Mola Mola Tambaqui Dac, Jay's Audio CDT-2 Mk.3transport,Supratek Sauvignon preamp,Frankenstein 300b mk.2 amps,FW SIT-3 amp, Purepower 1500+,Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2018, 05:59:25 AM »
Thanks for the good wishes everyone. Those who know me, know we've been looking to move for a while now. Still, it is a daunting task selling a home where we have lived and raised our family for 27 years. We both grew up on LI, and though we have spent winters elsewhere, this is still our familiar home turf.

But a new adventure awaits, and a new phase of our life. Will this be our "retirement home" forever? I doubt it. When the kids marry and we have grandchildren I have no doubt that we will want to be somewhere closer to them, wherever that is. Plus, Florida summers (even though we are in North Florida) are going to be hot, hot, hot, so a summer place somewhere in the mountains or back up north may be a possibility down the road.

Well, back to packing...

Bob
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2018, 05:32:15 PM »
How're you getting there, Bob?  Car-Train from  VA or DC?  Another friend do their 6-month splits each year, and they usually drive down to take the train south.  Or, rent a truck and drive all the way? :D