Author Topic: AXPONA 2011  (Read 49424 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: AXPONA 2011
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2011, 08:40:00 AM »
   The Orion room with Bryston 9BS IMO was the best sound of the show. Second those Danish [ name ???] egg shaped babies. MBL ? The King of presence and lifelike sound. Berry berry nice. Joseph Audio room pretty good but that tweeter got me just to crisp, not musical.
   Again for me a lot of Hi Fi over the top sound. Lots of sizzle, excitement but not musical meaning natural.  Legacy's were bright and tilted up. Nightingale room impressed me even with the Rouge amp.  The Lyngdorf room was a trip. No amp no preamp with bass to shake your booty. So far the most affective room correction setup I have heard to date. The Revel room was intriguing but after a while fatiguing.
  The biggest surprise was the Purist HDR mini D & HDR Mini DA.  Gotta hear this boys. www.ami-hifi.de
  After hearing the Lenehan ML-1 reference with the Bryston 28BS not much impressed me at the show. A big disappointment was Audio Power Labs. There must have been something up as the Whaferdales just did not do it for me. $175,000 ??? For that scratch it should have had me lusting. We could not leave soon enough.   Overall a bit disappointed in the lack of manufactures. Union labor put them off. $1500 to get the gear from sidewalk to room.  The vendors in the Mezz. were MIA like Acoustic sounds, Music Direct and so on.
  Overall we had a good time. Leanerd a bit and made some connections for my upcoming venture.

charles

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2011, 02:26:48 PM »

ltr317

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2011, 05:44:01 PM »
Hi all,

The Stereo Times has just published my Axpona NYC show report. Here's a link: http://www.stereotimes.com/

I'm interested in hearing your comments as this is my first attempt. Stereo Times will also be publishing my first equipment review (Audio Sensibility cables) in the next day or two. Thanks.

Paul Mah

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2011, 06:09:42 PM »
Great job paul!

I was not there but heard the ML room was aweful...was this so?
Aslo that music was played very loud..,.maybe too loud in some rooms
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

ltr317

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2011, 08:07:29 PM »
Great job paul!

I was not there but heard the ML room was aweful...was this so?
Aslo that music was played very loud..,.maybe too loud in some rooms

Thanks.  Did you mean the MBL or the Mark Levinson (Woodbridge) room?  If you meant the Mark Levinson room, I didn't post a sound impression.  Enough said. 

As far as volume, see my comment on the Eggleston/Rogue room: What a relief to listen to music at sane volume levels. In some rooms, the volume was so loud my ears were ringing when I left, but not in the Eggleston Works/Rogue Audio room. Not only was the volume sane, but the general sound was excellent. The combination of equipment probably had something to do with that: Rogue Audio Hera II preamplifier ($7,995), Rogue Apollo monoblock amplifiers ($10,995 pair), Meitner MA1 DAC ($6,750) and Eggleston WorksAndra III loudspeakers ($25,000 pair).

evan1

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2011, 01:42:46 AM »
Congrats Paul

Offline goldlizsts

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Let Music Pass!
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2011, 05:34:07 AM »
Hi all,

The Stereo Times has just published my Axpona NYC show report. Here's a link: http://www.stereotimes.com/

I'm interested in hearing your comments as this is my first attempt. Stereo Times will also be publishing my first equipment review (Audio Sensibility cables) in the next day or two. Thanks.

Paul Mah

Good job, Paul. :thumb: 

Now, where's the report on the Capital Audio Fest?  :rofl:

Next, RMAF. :lol:

Offline goldlizsts

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Let Music Pass!
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2011, 04:47:21 AM »
April 15–17, 2011

http://www.stereophile.com/news/axpona_2011_a_goldmine_for_audiophiles/index.html

Now, let's talk RMAF.  It must have been a bad summer.  It seems sooooooo boring lately. :duh

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2011, 04:49:53 AM »
Now, let's talk RMAF.  It must have been a bad summer.  It seems sooooooo boring lately. :duh

http://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=3226.0