Author Topic: Custom Analysis Omega Speakers in Da Haouse  (Read 9701 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Custom Analysis Omega Speakers in Da Haouse
« on: June 13, 2017, 08:36:21 AM »
   Well after long consideration of several speakers to settle in with for my remainder on this planet the Omegas won the prize for me.
   Out board custom Duelund CAST crossover. Internally wired with JPS wire to crossover. TWL jumpers and TWL speaker cables to amps.
    Piano black finish bass to 22HZ no subs required a dead front wall and let the music begin.
     Next week Electrician to install dedicated 100A sub panel feeding four 20 amp circuits.
     Exciting times for me can't wait to get it all done.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline dBe

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Custom Analysis Omega Speakers in Da Haouse
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 10:58:46 AM »
   Well after long consideration of several speakers to settle in with for my remainder on this planet the Omegas won the prize for me.
   Out board custom Duelund CAST crossover. Internally wired with JPS wire to crossover. TWL jumpers and TWL speaker cables to amps.
    Piano black finish bass to 22HZ no subs required a dead front wall and let the music begin.
     Next week Electrician to install dedicated 100A sub panel feeding four 20 amp circuits.

charles
Most excellent, Mr. R!

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 12:35:46 PM »
Oh come on Charlie, who are you trying to kid?

Any piece of audio gear that you would be happy with for the rest of your life?????

You're talking to your audio buds here not you wife.  :roll:

The only way you would be happy with a speaker for the rest of your life is if you got hit by a bus 20 minutes after they were delivered.    :rofl:

The day you stop fiddling with audio hardware will be the day they throw the dirt on you..... and I don't think that makes you any different than any of the other AN members.   ;)

My wife tells me that she has visions of me reaching out of the casket at my wake, grabbing her arm and saying "Please, just one more record before they close the lid."    :thumb:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 02:15:18 PM »

charles

Don't know much about Omega, but I always thought Louis was exclusively a single driver kind of guy. Just an FYI, I have officially started the clock on your "for my remainder on this planet" statement".
:)  Pls keep us posted
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline mfsoa

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 02:18:42 PM »
yummm... :thumb:

Offline richidoo

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 03:21:33 PM »
Analysis Audio Omega Planars

http://www.analysisaudio.com/Omega.php

Way back ago Mike Galusha was manning a room at RMAF with those with spectrons. I spent a lot of time in there.  :thumb:

Offline pumpkinman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 04:24:44 PM »
Oh come on Charlie, who are you trying to kid?

Any piece of audio gear that you would be happy with for the rest of your life?????

You're talking to your audio buds here not you wife.  :roll:

The only way you would be happy with a speaker for the rest of your life is if you got hit by a bus 20 minutes after they were delivered.    :rofl:

The day you stop fiddling with audio hardware will be the day they throw the dirt on you..... and I don't think that makes you any different than any of the other AN members.   ;)

My wife tells me that she has visions of me reaching out of the casket at my wake, grabbing her arm and saying "Please, just one more record before they close the lid."    :thumb:

Tom I think is true of most of us.
Very funny BTW.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Because I am The Pumpkinking

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 05:16:46 PM »
Analysis Audio Omega Planars

http://www.analysisaudio.com/Omega.php

Way back ago Mike Galusha was manning a room at RMAF with those with spectrons. I spent a lot of time in there.  :thumb:

Thanks for the link, Rich. I was wondering about that. Maybe I've read too many Omega posts at AC
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 05:58:34 PM »
Enjoy the music Charles, but ...   "for my remainder on this plant...", nah.

I'm with Tom, no way that happens.

charles
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 06:53:39 AM »
  If I were Klingon I would say "I swear". Really guys that is the plan. These speakers do all I want. They are a perfect fit for my room.
  It is time to draw a line in the sand with speakers as I have done with other areas.
  Soon a dedicated Elec panel with four 20A dedicated lines. DONE! Power conditioning. DONE!
   Amps. DONE ! Preamp. Flux [ maybe a Lamm next]. Phono stage. Done! Cart. Flux maybe a Miyajima. QOL One would have to pull this out of my dead ice cold hands.
   Cabling is the only area besides upgrades to the Formula DAC [ modular upgrades] where one can fool with.
   Tweaks like footers, Plinths, racks, room treatments are always in play.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 09:32:56 AM »
  If I were Klingon I would say "I swear". Really guys that is the plan. These speakers do all I want. They are a perfect fit for my room.
  It is time to draw a line in the sand with speakers as I have done with other areas.
  Soon a dedicated Elec panel with four 20A dedicated lines. DONE! Power conditioning. DONE!
   Amps. DONE ! Preamp. Flux [ maybe a Lamm next]. Phono stage. Done! Cart. Flux maybe a Miyajima. QOL One would have to pull this out of my dead ice cold hands.
   Cabling is the only area besides upgrades to the Formula DAC [ modular upgrades] where one can fool with.

charles

Well I must say you guys were right. Now single driver and SET has my attention again. Rethm Saadhana 102db to be exact. Maybe just have to get both.  This is not an easy decision for as you guys have noticed as I really would like to never change speakers again.
   With the Rethm I have the ability to use SET all over again . Other choices are limited due to sensitivity. But but I love planars as well. as well as higher powered amps.
    After hearing SET at Vladamir Lamms' home last night SET is on my list again.  Why cant someone make a Planar with 98db sensitivity. I guess asking for the impossible.

charles

charles

Offline Hugh

• Angel City Audio
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 10:46:52 AM »

charles

Well I must say you guys were right. Now single driver and SET has my attention again. Rethm Saadhana 102db to be exact. Maybe just have to get both.  This is not an easy decision for as you guys have noticed as I really would like to never change speakers again.
   With the Rethm I have the ability to use SET all over again . Other choices are limited due to sensitivity. But but I love planars as well. as well as higher powered amps.
    After hearing SET at Vladamir Lamms' home last night SET is on my list again.  Why cant someone make a Planar with 98db sensitivity. I guess asking for the impossible.

charles

charles

How much money you got?
Hugh Nguyen
Angel City Audio
Exclusive Melody US Distributor

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 12:07:00 PM »
  Enough.

charles

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 12:30:18 PM »
Charlie

You need to try horns. You haven't lived until you try them :thumb:
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline tmazz

• Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 01:09:58 PM »
Before you make any kind of decision you need to go back to Vladimir's house with a bunch of recordings of your choosing under your arm. Not to say anything bad about Vladimir, but if you were at a demo at his house and he picked the music, of course it is going to sound good. He is going to pick out music from his collection that will make his system sound good. As he should. If I had a system that sounded great with music type A but not too good at all with type be, you could be assured that B would be hidden under the couch whenever an audio buddy came over. It is just human nature to want your system to sound good for your friend and to pick music that highlights its strengths while masking its flaws. But if you are thinking about making a long term commitment to this or any other speaker, you need to bring music that you enjoy and you know what it sounds like so that you will know what to expect from the types of music that you to listen to on a regular basis.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables