Author Topic: Two Way Rocks  (Read 3762 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Two Way Rocks
« on: June 28, 2016, 03:17:16 PM »
These sounded pretty good - for rocks!

Have you ever seen two way outdoor speakers?

Offline sonicxtc

Re: Two Way Rocks
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 04:49:14 PM »
I recall seeing those a couple of years ago, thinking they look the part, but how do they sound?

Be careful:
Don't put them near other rocks.
Don't put them near any water.
Don't let pets or children near them.
And, definitely don't feed them after midnight!

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 05:45:38 AM »
I saw some demonstrated at the AXPONA show. They sounded pretty decent for "non traditional" speakers. I can't remember the brand right off hand, but they were pretty cool.   :o

Kind of a novel idea for those with nice outdoor patios or gardens. I myself would rather go the traditional speaker route.  8)
Parasound A21, Parasound JC2BP, Oppo 205 BR/SACD Disc Player, Marantz ST6000 Tuner, GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers and Supersub XXL, Triode Wire Labs interconnects, power cables and speaker wire, PI Audio Uber, Mini and Digibuss, Border Patrol DAC

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 08:05:59 AM »
With so many small Bluetooth speakers on the market today I think using rocks in the garden is almost obsolete. My daughter has one that is about the size of 2 packs of cigarettes, and I can;t believe the sound that comes out of it, and it was only about $50. If you want music outside, or in the garage, or anywhere, and the music is stored on your cellphone in your pocket, then these little devices are a no-brainer.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.