Author Topic: Record Brushes  (Read 2803 times)

Offline Jack in Wilmington

• Seeking Help
Record Brushes
« on: August 24, 2018, 06:30:10 PM »
I got the standard Goat's Hair Brush with my new record cleaning machine and a friend said to switch to a MoFi brush instead. I have a Record Doctor brush that looks identical to the MoFi brush, are they the same thing made by two different manufacturers?
Speakers........Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II
Amp...............Pass Labs X150.5
PreAmp..........Cary SLP-03
Sources..........Music Hall MMF 9.3 Walnut w/  Goldring 
Eroica LX MC Cartridge
Rotel RCD-1072
Okki Nokki...….Record Cleaning Machine
DAC...........

Offline Folsom

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Record Brushes
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 10:17:43 PM »
I have a mofi if I want to spray something between cleanings with vacuum rcm. But I prefer this unless it is something not dry that got on the record. These in combination with antistatic are my preferance.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 02:18:55 PM »
How about this one?... Supposed to be the ultimate one... https://eliteavdist.com/#/product-detail/9090229/asb-1-antistatic-brush

www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 07:42:41 AM »
looks like a womans make-up brush!  :rofl: I'll borrow one from my daughter lol
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 08:16:40 AM »
   Consider as well Mapleshades brush. Grounded, Extremely affective and fairly priced.  Jim I used a expensive make up brush until I discoveerd it was creating static elec. Not good.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 11:15:55 AM »
Number 1,  I think Jack is talking more about an applicator brush to be used during the wet cleaning with and RCM as opposed to a brush to simply sweep of surface dust in between cleanings.

Number 2, I know that the brush that Pete posted a picture of has a metal piece that says touch here for discharge, but keep in mind that touching that spot will do nothing unless you yourself have a good solid connection to ground. if you are standing there in a pair of rubber bottom sneakers and are not touching anything other than the brush there is no path to ground and no static drain off will occur.  The Mapleshade brush on the other hand had a wired connection to ground to insure that the static will have a place to go regardless of how the brush is held. This by the way is not a new idea. I have a 30 year old  brush put out by Oracle ttat has the same kind of ground wire.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables