Author Topic: Monthly Listening Party at Audio Video Synergy in Clinton, NJ  (Read 5024 times)

Offline AVSynergy

• Seeking Help
    • Audio Video Synergy.com
Monthly Listening Party at Audio Video Synergy in Clinton, NJ
« on: January 30, 2018, 08:22:37 AM »
About two years ago we started holding monthly “Listening Parties” with the sole intent of getting the average person to sit down and listen to music again. We have since grown these events into something that we are quite proud of, and with this post we are hoping to attract more hobbyists to these get-togethers.

We hold them on the 2nd Friday of every month, from 5 pm to 8 pm at our showroom at 33 Main Street in beautiful downtown Clinton, NJ. The format is quite simple; we provide the wine, food, and soft drinks, and we ask that the attendees provide the music.  We have plenty of great speakers and gear on the floor to chose from, and we have no problem moving stuff around for our guests. While we are hoping to make some new customers in the long term the purpose is not to sell, but to get together with other like-minded people, and show the “average person” exactly what good sound is. It also doesn’t hurt to remind ourselves the reasons we got into this business, from time to time!

A little about our store, Audio Video Synergy-
Audio Video Synergy was started nearly 20 years ago by our fearless leader, Mr. David Schulz. David, who has been a lifelong resident of NJ, is a longtime musician and audiophile, with a resume that includes Berklee School of Music, and close to 40 years in audio/video sales, design, and installation. While he is equally at home programming Crestron as he is setting up a turntable, he would take the latter any day of the week. He also just happens to be the brother of your own mfsoa, so if nothing else, he has that going for him!

TL;DR
What- Monthly Listening Party
Where- Audio Video Synergy at 33 Main Street in Clinton, NJ
When- 2nd Friday of every month; 5pm-8pm (although they have been know to go much later!)
What to bring- yourselves and maybe some good music

We hope to see you there!
Happy Listening,
Chris

Website
Facebook Event Page
Instagram

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Monthly Listening Party at Audio Video Synergy in Clinton, NJ
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 09:29:16 AM »
About two years ago we started holding monthly “Listening Parties” with the sole intent of getting the average person to sit down and listen to music again. We have since grown these events into something that we are quite proud of, and with this post we are hoping to attract more hobbyists to these get-togethers.

We hold them on the 2nd Friday of every month, from 5 pm to 8 pm at our showroom at 33 Main Street in beautiful downtown Clinton, NJ. The format is quite simple; we provide the wine, food, and soft drinks, and we ask that the attendees provide the music.  We have plenty of great speakers and gear on the floor to chose from, and we have no problem moving stuff around for our guests. While we are hoping to make some new customers in the long term the purpose is not to sell, but to get together with other like-minded people, and show the “average person” exactly what good sound is. It also doesn’t hurt to remind ourselves the reasons we got into this business, from time to time!

A little about our store, Audio Video Synergy-
Audio Video Synergy was started nearly 20 years ago by our fearless leader, Mr. David Schulz. David, who has been a lifelong resident of NJ, is a longtime musician and audiophile, with a resume that includes Berklee School of Music, and close to 40 years in audio/video sales, design, and installation. While he is equally at home programming Crestron as he is setting up a turntable, he would take the latter any day of the week. He also just happens to be the brother of your own mfsoa, so if nothing else, he has that going for him!

TL;DR
What- Monthly Listening Party
Where- Audio Video Synergy at 33 Main Street in Clinton, NJ
When- 2nd Friday of every month; 5pm-8pm (although they have been know to go much later!)
What to bring- yourselves and maybe some good music

Happy Listening,
Chris

Website
Facebook Event Page
Instagram

Thanks for posting. That’s a great idea and I hope it continues to grow and create some business as well 👍 I’m going to take a look at your website now
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 11:41:29 AM »
  Good idea, but in NJ over two bridges for me nah. NJ guys lucky to have this event.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline AVSynergy

• Seeking Help
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 12:59:55 PM »
Thanks for posting. That’s a great idea and I hope it continues to grow and create some business as well 👍 I’m going to take a look at your website now
Nick

Thank you Nick! The website is always a work in progress, so please don't judge us too harshly by it! We have recently picked up Simaudio Moon components, and a couple of other things that are not up there. Please feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Chris

Offline AVSynergy

• Seeking Help
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 01:03:11 PM »
  Good idea, but in NJ over two bridges for me nah. NJ guys lucky to have this event.

charles

Well, if you ever do make it out this way, you are always welcome to drop by, party or not. Clinton is a great, picturesque little town that is ~an hour from both NYC and Philly.  Hopefully, you can find an excuse to get out here.

(I really might have the wrong guy, but were you not here for one of Anthony Gallo party back in the day?)

Offline shadowlight

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 01:49:52 PM »
So the next one is Friday Feb. 9th?  If yes, I might stop by after work, since my work is about 10 minutes from the store.

Offline AVSynergy

• Seeking Help
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 02:37:51 PM »
So the next one is Friday Feb. 9th?  If yes, I might stop by after work, since my work is about 10 minutes from the store.

Yes it is. By the way, even though we call it 5 pm it is very laid-back. Some people stay the whole time, while others will pop in for 30 minutes or so because of other obligations.

As I stated in the OP we do provide the wine, food, and other drinks. That being said, if you prefer a good craft beer over a glass of wine feel free to bring some along. We have plenty of ice.  8)

Hope to see you there!

Offline AVSynergy

• Seeking Help
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 08:51:23 AM »
Quick reminder-
Our February Listening Party is tonight at 5pm. We will have Scott Jordan from B&W/ Rotel with us and he brought us a pair(!) of Rotel's  RB-1590 350 watt stereo amps. So, we bi-amped a pair of 803 Diamonds with them!  8) Let's see what they will do...

With Valentine's Day around the corner, we will be keeping to a "Love Songs" theme! It doesn't have to be sappy; just have anything to do with "love", or have the work "love" in it.

In the coming months we will have reps from Revel/ Mark Levinson/ Arcam, Martin Logan, and Mcintosh; something for everyone. I will keep you posted once we finalize the dates.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 09:20:55 AM by AVSynergy »

Offline ejk

• Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 01:29:04 PM »
Aren't you related to Mike Schultz?
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline mfsoa

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 08:44:17 AM »
Aren't you related to Mike Schultz?

You got it. Disclosed by the OP in the OP.

Couldn't make the event last night but I usually try to.
-Mike

Offline dflee

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 03:13:02 PM »
For those of us who will probably never be able to get there (I'm in NC), how about posting the music people bring in and overall thoughts on the pieces. I wouldn't mind reading what equipment was going that particular night.

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.