Author Topic: Wisner Radio Laboratory...  (Read 5638 times)

Offline goldlizsts

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Let Music Pass!
Wisner Radio Laboratory...
« on: January 18, 2018, 10:51:05 AM »
This place nobody comes around anymore.  But, I'm hoping some of an old aficionado will come around and answer my prayer.

I just dug up a power cable, has Wisner Radio Laboratory tag on it.  Does anyone know aything about that?  I have no idea how I got it.

Much appreciated. :D

Shek

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Wisner Radio Laboratory...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 11:34:24 AM »
This place nobody comes around anymore.

Incorrect

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 11:59:35 AM »
Virtually everyone is welcome. This place is always open to those who are audio enthusiasts and can conduct themselves in a non-confrontative manner. So thanks, guys!  :thumb:

Re Wisner Laboratory, there’s a Wisner,  Nebraska. Maybe they’re related.
Nick
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:36:45 PM by Nick B »
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 12:26:31 PM »
Shek,
That's John Wiesner... He's a genius when it comes to tube radio & electronics...

I replied to the email that you sent me earlier...

Cheers,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 01:37:40 PM »
Thanks Pete, I think you just reminded me of the incident that caused me to have gotten the wire....  Not too senile yet. :drool:

Hope to see y'all soon, somewhere, someplace, sometime in the near future.  The Audionervosa playground has been quiet, which was what I meant earlier. :thumb:

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 09:04:01 AM »
Thanks Pete, I think you just reminded me of the incident that caused me to have gotten the wire....  Not too senile yet. :drool:

Hope to see y'all soon, somewhere, someplace, sometime in the near future.  The Audionervosa playground has been quiet, which was what I meant earlier. :thumb:

Stranger , post more. Miss you. Come over for a listen and food.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 08:31:32 AM »

Stranger , post more. Miss you. Come over for a listen and food.

charles

WOW, Sir Charles came around.  I'm elated that he's replied..... :rofl:

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 06:19:30 PM »
OK, as far as the power cable goes, things are settled.  It was just a mass confusion, unfortunate on all sides.  I was just reminded that because I signed up for a power cable audition, so the cable somehow got to me.  There was not a single word of how it came to me.  So....  I had long forgotten that arrangement.  The cable came with no note, sort of out of the blue sky.  That was why I asked in this thread.  I never got any contact information of this gentleman Dave.  The cable sat around.  Just happened that I was asked to help setting up a small system by a friend who's in Taiwan much of the year, so I gave the "idle" wire to her.

Suddenly, I heard from Dave several days ago, stirring up a storm in a way.  It was just a confusion situation.  Dave had tried to contact me in AudioCircle, he said.  But, since our group was booted out of AC, I had been into AC only several times, never knew he was trying to contact me.  The whole fiasco wasn't totally clarified until these couple of days really.

Now, Dave has forgiven me for this incident.  This I thank him for.  We're moving forward.

Case closed.

Shek

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 08:21:55 PM »
Thank you, Shek. I appreciate your post. Miscommunication does happen.

In case some of you are confused, there were a few posts this morning about this subject/incident and I decided to delete them, so Shek apparently picked here to explain and I received a PM from Dave as well. Thanks to both guys for resolving this and glad to have you on the forum.
Nick B
Administrator
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline dBe

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 05:28:32 PM »
OK, as far as the power cable goes, things are settled.  It was just a mass confusion, unfortunate on all sides.  I was just reminded that because I signed up for a power cable audition, so the cable somehow got to me.  There was not a single word of how it came to me.  So....  I had long forgotten that arrangement.  The cable came with no note, sort of out of the blue sky.  That was why I asked in this thread.  I never got any contact information of this gentleman Dave.  The cable sat around.  Just happened that I was asked to help setting up a small system by a friend who's in Taiwan much of the year, so I gave the "idle" wire to her.

Suddenly, I heard from Dave several days ago, stirring up a storm in a way.  It was just a confusion situation.  Dave had tried to contact me in AudioCircle, he said.  But, since our group was booted out of AC, I had been into AC only several times, never knew he was trying to contact me.  The whole fiasco wasn't totally clarified until these couple of days really.

Now, Dave has forgiven me for this incident.  This I thank him for.  We're moving forward.

Case closed.

Shek
No worries.  Shit happens.  Unfortunate fact of life, but true.  I was recovering from a near fatal car accident at the time and a lot of things slipped trough that oxycodone haze.  Not a reason or an excuse but it just happened.  My bad, mostly.

All is well in Whoville  :thumb: