Author Topic: Custom Analysis Omega Speakers in Da Haouse  (Read 9693 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Custom Analysis Omega Speakers in Da Haouse
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2017, 01:18:35 PM »
I would think if your speakers are 102 db sensitive , surely you would have the sense to use tubes....

But of course my little Chick-a-dee. SET flea power. Now which tube type . Hoye !  Have a 211 based amp in house to start, then ready for the search.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2017, 11:19:05 AM »
I would think if your speakers are 102 db sensitive , surely you would have the sense to use tubes....
or the folsum 7297 chip amp...   8)

me personally?  regarding these two speakers?  i have heard neither, but if these were my choices, i would just get the rethm's w/o even bothering to listen to the analysis omega's.  why?  i don't like planars.  they make everything sound too big.  charles, you say soundstage size goes to the planar?  i say no it doesn't, not when it's too big.  just my opinion, of course.  and, a big room is needed for that type of speaker.  if you have the room, go for horns.  i mean big horns, not horns like the rethm's.  why not try the volti audio vittora's?  i heard them sound fantastic in a totally crappy undersized hotel room; i can only imagine how great they would sound in a nice room.  or something from avantgarde acoustics, or oswald mills, or oris/bd design, or ferguson hill, horning, azurahorn, cessaro, or...???

of course, ymmv, and it's why we all obsess over this hobby - many different ways to reach nirvana.  or hell...   :rofl:

doug s.

All good suggestions Doug thanks. The Omegas are on hold now. Sticking with Rethm. You can hear the Rethms at CAF with Linear Tube Audio. See ya there.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2017, 09:09:31 AM »
Actually no. The Pipes require a minimum of 8 ft behind them for optimal results. Four ft. to sub then four ft. to speaker. With the Omegas 4ft from front wall is ideal for my room. My clg hgt as well does not do justice to the Pipes. Omega 5ft tall a non issue.
   I will have both as I sell those brands. Just talking about my personal preference for my listening time. Both are excellent speakers IMHO. Which combo will take the cake for me ? Lord knows until I can actually do a side by side comparison. Until then all is moot.

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2017, 10:40:32 AM »
 Doug 4ft minimum I can get 6 and that is it. When I owned Maggie 3A that position in my odd shaped room measured dead flatski. Go figure.

charles