Author Topic: Custom Analysis Omega Speakers in Da Haouse  (Read 9694 times)

Offline AJ Soundfield

• Seeking Help
    • Soundfield Audio
Re: Custom Analysis Omega Speakers in Da Haouse
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 07:27:17 AM »
  These speakers do all I want. They are a perfect fit for my room.
  It is time to draw a line in the sand with speakers as I have done with other areas.

Well I must say you guys were right. Now single driver and SET has my attention again.

charles

So you lasted what, a month?
Charles, there is no known cure, just roll with it  :)

cheers,

AJ
Loudspeaker Manufacturer

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2017, 08:13:18 AM »
  Problem solved getting both and will sell the one I like less. Someone will get a super deal when I decide which pleases me the most.
  So it will be Rethm Saadhana and Omega. Fun fun fun.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 11:24:37 AM »
  Enough.

charles
8)  I loved that one word response.  High sensitivity is where I'm at now that I'm in the low power amp world.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Hugh

• Obsessively Audiophilic
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2017, 12:13:55 PM »
  Enough.

charles

Thanks for the laugh Charles.
Hugh Nguyen
Angel City Audio
Exclusive Melody US Distributor

Offline AJ Soundfield

• Seeking Help
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 06:26:02 AM »
Problem solved getting both and will sell the one I like less. Someone will get a super deal when I decide which pleases me the most.
 So it will be Rethm Saadhana and Omega. Fun fun fun.

charles
You need a pair of Brundle telepods. Put both speakers into one and see what comes out of the other.
Loudspeaker Manufacturer

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2017, 01:28:35 PM »
Before you make any kind of decision you need to go back to Vladimir's house with a bunch of recordings of your choosing under your arm. Not to say anything bad about Vladimir, but if you were at a demo at his house and he picked the music, of course it is going to sound good. He is going to pick out music from his collection that will make his system sound good. As he should. If I had a system that sounded great with music type A but not too good at all with type be, you could be assured that B would be hidden under the couch whenever an audio buddy came over. It is just human nature to want your system to sound good for your friend and to pick music that highlights its strengths while masking its flaws. But if you are thinking about making a long term commitment to this or any other speaker, you need to bring music that you enjoy and you know what it sounds like so that you will know what to expect from the types of music that you to listen to on a regular basis.

Tom I love ya but of course I brought my own music. Whats a matter for you Ha Ha .  :duh :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 01:35:15 PM »
   OK da truth and nuttin but da truth. I like both Planars and HS single driver  [ crossover/less] speakers with seamless subs built in.
   The only way I can make an honest decision is to buy both and demo in my room period. So both it is. Then as I stated "The One" will be it until ?? or just have two systems which is nuts but I am a bit wacked like Dave so more the merrier.
    Nick you need a plane ticket to NY. you can stay at my home.

charles

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 09:58:51 PM »
   OK da truth and nuttin but da truth. I like both Planars and HS single driver  [ crossover/less] speakers with seamless subs built in.
   The only way I can make an honest decision is to buy both and demo in my room period. So both it is. Then as I stated "The One" will be it until ?? or just have two systems which is nuts but I am a bit wacked like Dave so more the merrier.
    Nick you need a plane ticket to NY. you can stay at my home.

charles

Charles,
I've been to New Yawk once...when I was nine. Could I afford a burger and a cup of cofffee nowadays?? As to your speaker quest...I'm looking forward to your final, final decision on this !! 👍 😀
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline AJ Soundfield

• Seeking Help
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2017, 05:12:33 AM »
The only way I can make an honest decision is to buy both and demo in my room period. So both it is.

charles
Ok, so your next purchase should be one of these http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/data/2342134/8/8f/8f7dc6f6_harmanspeakershuffler.jpeg
Whichever you feel like listening to at the press of a button! :thumb:

In all seriousness, I can't think of 2 more different sounding design approaches, point source vs quasi-line, monopole vs dipole, box vs open baffle bass, etc, etc.
I'd be very worried if you couldn't tell them apart!
So that begs the question, which does what better in what areas....for you?

cheers,

AJ

Loudspeaker Manufacturer

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2017, 08:03:52 AM »
  Correct AJ. They are different designs however tonality and harmonics are the most important factor to my decision. The Rethm goes down to 18HZ uses a 7.5 inch crossoverless design.
  The Analysis Omega goes down to 20HZ which is an amazing feat for a planar. I prefer the openness and size offered by the ribbon tweeter over the single driver however prefer the tonality of the single driver.
  Soundstage size goes to the planar but imaging goes to the Rethm. Bass integration is excellent with both designs. Dynamics goes to the Omega however transparency goes to the Rethm. Focus as well to Rethm.
  Bigger is not better. Better is better. Tonality first, harmonic structure second, focus third, transparency last but not least. The Omega is limited to amps where the Rethm is open to more choices.
  Without getting into the science of each design with there design merits or faults the only thing to do is actually put them side by side and listen.

charles

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 06:17:48 PM »
The Omega is limited to amps where the Rethm is open to more choices.

That is really a big deal as the ability to get a synergistic match between the speakers and the amp is critical to the final output.

Without getting into the science of each design with there design merits or faults the only thing to do is actually put them side by side and listen.

I really don't like calling them merits and faults. I would like much more to refer to them as strengths and limitations. Any design is a series of compromises. A design decision that increases performance in area A very often decreases it in area B. But that is not a fault in the design but rather a necessary evil to get the performance in Area and a conscience decision on the part of the designer w, who felt the increase in A was more valuable that and worth putting up with the decrease in B.

And those kind of design decisions are inherent in every piece of gear we own, be it speakers amp or anything else. Each has a different mix of strengths and limitations and it is up to each of us to decide which mix of each will work best with the rest of out system and suite out personal tastes.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2017, 04:12:11 PM »
Charlie
surely Mike's 1000 watt class D amps can drive the Omegas, I mean he sells both designs together so it should work well.

The Rethym I would guess would like to see as high quality an amp in front of them as your pocketbook can stand, something with some very high quality output transformers would fit the bill nicely I imagine. and good tubes of course. I guess they have a built in plate amp to power the sub, because tubes are just not meant for running a sub!!
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline tmazz

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2017, 05:16:18 PM »
Before you make any kind of decision you need to go back to Vladimir's house with a bunch of recordings of your choosing under your arm. Not to say anything bad about Vladimir, but if you were at a demo at his house and he picked the music, of course it is going to sound good. He is going to pick out music from his collection that will make his system sound good. As he should. If I had a system that sounded great with music type A but not too good at all with type be, you could be assured that B would be hidden under the couch whenever an audio buddy came over. It is just human nature to want your system to sound good for your friend and to pick music that highlights its strengths while masking its flaws. But if you are thinking about making a long term commitment to this or any other speaker, you need to bring music that you enjoy and you know what it sounds like so that you will know what to expect from the types of music that you to listen to on a regular basis.

Tom I love ya but of course I brought my own music. Whats a matter for you Ha Ha .  :duh :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

charles

Hey, I didn't know if you went over there specifically to demo the speakers (in which case I knew you would bring your own), or if you were just making a social call and liked what you heard.

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline tmazz

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2017, 05:23:09 PM »

surely Mike's 1000 watt class D amps can drive the Omegas, I mean he sells both designs together so it should work well.

That might be great for the Omegas, but 1000w into something with a 102 db sensitivity rating???? That would be enough power to put the speaker in orbit around the third moon of Saturn.  :shock:

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2017, 06:41:55 PM »
I would think if your speakers are 102 db sensitive , surely you would have the sense to use tubes....
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.