Author Topic: ifi ipower  (Read 5701 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
ifi ipower
« on: November 30, 2016, 10:36:43 AM »
   Thought it might work well with a Vista phonostage. Specs are really good price is fair [$99] IMO.
   ifi appears to offer some interesting stuff for a good price. The ipurifier looks interesting as well.
   Not a dealer.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
Re: ifi ipower
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 01:11:45 PM »
Just make sure you order the correct voltage for the unit it goes with. 

Works with a Raspberry Pi3 as well with the 5V unit.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 07:51:31 AM »
  Thanks Hal. This ifi audio appears to offer some interesting products. priced fairly as well.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline ejk

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 01:23:08 AM »
Ifi  makes some nice products. I have this on the output of my Bluesound Node

http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-spdif-ipurifier/
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 07:15:37 AM »

That product caught my eye as it makes good sense. Can you describe the result before and after. Did it alter tonality in any way ?
    Did it color the sound in any way, meaning brighten or darken the sound ?

charles

Offline ejk

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 07:43:04 AM »

That product caught my eye as it makes good sense. Can you describe the result before and after. Did it alter tonality in any way ?

charles

It didnt change the sound at all. In my opinion it  eliminated the background noise so all you hear is the music, cleaner music .almost like the Uberbuss
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 10:37:18 AM »

charles

It didnt change the sound at all. In my opinion it  eliminated the background noise so all you hear is the music, cleaner music .almost like the Uberbuss

Thanks. Have one coming.

charles

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 08:59:53 AM »
The iFi AC iPurifier just arrived and going to give one a try.  A $99 product.  This looks interesting with the Active Noise Cancellation ideas supposedly employed.  Also tests your AC line for standard connection problems.

For a system, they recommend 3, but should be able to hear something if it works with one. 

Going to put mine before the PI Audio UberBUSS running the MS-3 Music Server and dspMusikLCD digital processor and see if anything changes with the noise floor.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 08:55:34 AM »
Let us know.

charles

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 10:36:24 AM »
Non-audio observation.

I put my Fluke 43B power line analyzer in one socket.  Looked at both the line AC waveform and harmonic distortion.  Then connected the iPower to the other socket.  No change in either here with fairly clean power with about 2% THD at 122VAC.  Top of the waveform is partly flattened off from loads.

Since the unit talks about removing line hash, the above is not a surprising a result.   What is needed is an RF analyzer to see the HF content and noise transients before and after.