Author Topic: PI AUDIO REVIEW  (Read 5900 times)

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
PI AUDIO REVIEW
« on: June 12, 2016, 09:53:58 AM »
Time to give a shout out to Dave and his great power products.  :thumb: :D :-P :)

I finally got my system all revamped and upgraded the power conditioning on it. I am using the UberBuss on my main components (Amp, Pre, CD, Tuner, Speaker and the Digi) The Mini takes care of the orphan Triton that cannot be plugged into the Uber and the Digi takes care of all the computer stuff and the TV.

The UberBuss is the bomb for getting the electrical trash out of your system and not coloring the sound or taking away from it. I have used Furman and PS Audio products in the past and have not been happy with their performance. The Furman's are ok, but they take something out of the sound. The PS Audio stuff seems to color the sound in a way I do not like. The UberBuss does exactly what it is supposed to do, clean up the electrical noise and leave the sound clean and neutral.

The DigiBuss has made a big difference on the computer digital end and my TV has never looked better. Well worth the money to separate the digital and transformer nasty's away from the electrical supply.

The MiniBuss may seem a bit overkill for one speaker, but when you can not use an Uber, it does the job and does it well.  :D (The speaker sits in a corner by a doorway and physically cannot be plugged into the Uber)  :(

All together the system sounds great now that everything has its own personal power conditioning.  :thumb:

THANKS DAVE!!  :thumb: ANOTHER HAPPY PI AUDIO CUSTOMER!  :thumb:

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 09:57:56 AM by jessearias »
Parasound A21, Parasound JC2BP, Oppo 205 BR/SACD Disc Player, Marantz ST6000 Tuner, GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers and Supersub XXL, Triode Wire Labs interconnects, power cables and speaker wire, PI Audio Uber, Mini and Digibuss, Border Patrol DAC

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
Re: PI AUDIO REVIEW
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 11:14:47 AM »
Yep, the PI Audio UberBUSS does "No Harm"! I've tried a myriad of power conditioners and they always did HARM, most of them robbing dynamics...

It is a great product that I use in two systems... I have two Uber's and one Rev. B!

I'm awaiting my DigiBUSS... can you hear me, Dave?

Enjoy,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 01:57:05 PM »
Time to give a shout out to Dave and his great power products.  :thumb: :D :-P :)

I finally got my system all revamped and upgraded the power conditioning on it. I am using the UberBuss on my main components (Amp, Pre, CD, Tuner, Speaker and the Digi) The Mini takes care of the orphan Triton that cannot be plugged into the Uber and the Digi takes care of all the computer stuff and the TV.

The UberBuss is the bomb for getting the electrical trash out of your system and not coloring the sound or taking away from it. I have used Furman and PS Audio products in the past and have not been happy with their performance. The Furman's are ok, but they take something out of the sound. The PS Audio stuff seems to color the sound in a way I do not like. The UberBuss does exactly what it is supposed to do, clean up the electrical noise and leave the sound clean and neutral.

The DigiBuss has made a big difference on the computer digital end and my TV has never looked better. Well worth the money to separate the digital and transformer nasty's away from the electrical supply.

The MiniBuss may seem a bit overkill for one speaker, but when you can not use an Uber, it does the job and does it well.  :D (The speaker sits in a corner by a doorway and physically cannot be plugged into the Uber)  :(

All together the system sounds great now that everything has its own personal power conditioning.  :thumb:

THANKS DAVE!!  :thumb: ANOTHER HAPPY PI AUDIO CUSTOMER!  :thumb:

Thanks, Jesse.  I do my best with what I've got to work with in a crappy economy.  There are so many more places that I could take the performance to, but I choose great and cheap, er... inexpensive.

I'll be in touch on the other thing tonight.  I'm really hurting and trying to get as much product out the door before we leave for Portland.  With the Kids on Father's Day  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 02:00:29 PM »
Yep, the PI Audio UberBUSS does "No Harm"! I've tried a myriad of power conditioners and they always did HARM, most of them robbing dynamics...

It is a great product that I use in two systems... I have two Uber's and one Rev. B!

I'm awaiting my DigiBUSS... can you hear me, Dave?

Enjoy,
Pete
I'm waiting on FPX(Cu)... still OOS.  I'm probably the only guy buying them.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe