Author Topic: Pi Audio Group Minibuss thread  (Read 9547 times)

Offline uncola

• Seeking Help
Pi Audio Group Minibuss thread
« on: April 21, 2016, 06:21:29 PM »
Thought I'd create a thread for discussion of the minibuss.  I just took delivery of mine today and set it up  I'm also upgrading to odyssey kismet monoblocks to take advantage of the minibuss but waiting for them and a new dac to ship so I can't give sound impressions yet.  Dave is this a good wiring plan?  I tried to split my higher power using devices up among the duplexes.  I've read that higher current devices should be closer to the power distributors iec inlet because the power is more abundant there, maybe that's a myth?

Offline uncola

• Seeking Help
Re: Pi Audio Group Minibuss thread
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 07:41:46 PM »
Got my minibuss set up.  Thanks dave!
also I just upgraded from my emerald physics class d amp to monoblock odyssey audio kismets, so the minibuss isn't going to waste anymore :)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 08:04:08 AM »
  I would put those charges on one strip and then plug into Uber or locate them somewhere else in the home.

A Digibuss would be highly recommended as well. You ain't heard nuttin yet !  Eh eh eh.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 10:37:35 AM »
Thought I'd create a thread for discussion of the minibuss.  I just took delivery of mine today and set it up  I'm also upgrading to odyssey kismet monoblocks to take advantage of the minibuss but waiting for them and a new dac to ship so I can't give sound impressions yet.  Dave is this a good wiring plan?  I tried to split my higher power using devices up among the duplexes.  I've read that higher current devices should be closer to the power distributors iec inlet because the power is more abundant there, maybe that's a myth?

whoops, sorry I missed this.

Device location for current delivery doesn't matter because everything is star wired.  However, I would put the Kismets into the first receptacle so they share the FinalFilter on that receptacle.  Putting the phone and iPad charger on the same filter is a better deal.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline uncola

• Seeking Help
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 05:52:40 PM »
thanks Dave!  I'll implement that change today

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 01:42:41 PM »
thanks Dave!  I'll implement that change today
Let us know if you hear a change for the better, worse or not at all.

Have fun!
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline uncola

• Seeking Help
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 02:01:55 AM »
I recently acquired an old used Surgex SX1120-RT with fancy inductive surge suppression, inrush current limiting and ac noise filtering..  decided to put try plugging all my audio and computer stuff into it to see how it sounded.  As soon as I plugged my firstwatt f7 power amp into it, the surgex began to hum loudly!  I made sure it wasn't coming from inside the speaker amp, nope it was the surgex.  I moved the power amp back to the Minibuss and the surgex stopped humming.  I'll try not to take my Minibuss for granted again!  Just leaving the computer stuff plugged into the surgex.  Thanks Dave :)

Offline dBe

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 09:40:06 AM »
I recently acquired an old used Surgex SX1120-RT with fancy inductive surge suppression, inrush current limiting and ac noise filtering..  decided to put try plugging all my audio and computer stuff into it to see how it sounded.  As soon as I plugged my firstwatt f7 power amp into it, the surgex began to hum loudly!  I made sure it wasn't coming from inside the speaker amp, nope it was the surgex.  I moved the power amp back to the Minibuss and the surgex stopped humming.  I'll try not to take my Minibuss for granted again!  Just leaving the computer stuff plugged into the surgex.  Thanks Dave :)
I would be very interested to know what the Surge-X didn't like about the First Watt.  I guess it is time to go schematic hunting.  Thanks for the feedback.

Offline S Clark

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 08:11:01 PM »
Dave,
Even better than a schematic, is an extra SurgeX that is sitting in my cabinet.  Want me to box it up and send it to you?  You are welcome to dissect it and return it at your leisure.  I've got an idea... cryo it for me. 
Scott
Speaker-GR Research LS9-XStatik-AltecFlamenco
Amp-Moscode,Dodd,Folsom
Pre-Dodd
Turntable-Vyger,Victor,TechnicSP10MK2
Phonopre-Hagermann,Jolida,GSlee   
Cable-AudioSensibility Wywires TWL
Cartridge-Dynavector,Sumiko
Tonearm-PioneerP3,Jelco
Rythmic sub

Offline dBe

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 10:06:23 PM »
Dave,
Even better than a schematic, is an extra SurgeX that is sitting in my cabinet.  Want me to box it up and send it to you?  You are welcome to dissect it and return it at your leisure.  I've got an idea... cryo it for me. 
Scott
Done.  Do you still have my vitals?

Offline S Clark

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 10:49:54 PM »
Dave,
Scott
Probably... somewhere.... maybe....  Just email them to me.
Amp-Moscode,Dodd,Folsom
Pre-Dodd
Tonearm-PioneerP3,Jelco
Rythmic sub

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 08:51:22 AM »
Dave,
Scott

Memory is the second thing to go.....   :rofl:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline dBe

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 04:35:55 PM »
Dave,
Scott
Copy that.  I can't remember the first thing...

Memory is the second thing to go.....   :rofl:

Offline S Clark

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 09:09:10 PM »
Found it!!  Are you still on Blue Mountain Ave. N.E.?

Scott
Amp-Moscode,Dodd,Folsom
Pre-Dodd
Tonearm-PioneerP3,Jelco
Rythmic sub

Offline uncola

• Seeking Help
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2017, 08:13:19 AM »
pi audio group web site down?  forgot to renew domain?