Author Topic: New speakers arrived Horning Eufrodite Ellipse  (Read 4456 times)

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
New speakers arrived Horning Eufrodite Ellipse
« on: February 13, 2016, 10:35:53 AM »
Well, new speakers arrived needing lots of break-in. That Lowther is gonna take a long time but, sounding very good already.

I'm stoked, put some pictures in my album. They are in beautiful rosewood.

Joe
VPI classic3,3d arm, Lyra Kleos SL,K&K maxxed-out phonostage,Quadratic MC-1 SUT,Mola Mola Tambaqui Dac, Jay's Audio CDT-2 Mk.3transport,Supratek Sauvignon preamp,Frankenstein 300b mk.2 amps,FW SIT-3 amp, Purepower 1500+,Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers

Offline ejk

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Did I say no dropouts ?
Re: New speakers arrived Horning Eufrodite Ellipse
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 02:31:09 PM »
You have to post pics. There hasn't been a gallery to view in years
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline ejk

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 03:20:17 PM »
 :pop
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 03:32:15 PM »
here you go:
VPI classic3,3d arm, Lyra Kleos SL,K&K maxxed-out phonostage,Quadratic MC-1 SUT,Mola Mola Tambaqui Dac, Jay's Audio CDT-2 Mk.3transport,Supratek Sauvignon preamp,Frankenstein 300b mk.2 amps,FW SIT-3 amp, Purepower 1500+,Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 04:00:05 PM »
here's some more

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 04:02:18 PM »
front view

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 07:47:59 AM »

They look really nice, Joe. Auguri!

What do you think of the Pass 30.8 vs the 300Bs?
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 11:12:34 AM »
Hi Emil,
Thank you the speakers play music with such refinement and ease, but are very dynamic and lively at the same time. They are very efficient and only need a few watts.
Didn't try the 300b's yet want to get some more hours on them.

I'll tell you the Pass Labs is no slouch! The bass is awesome such control and power with smooth open mids and treble.
 I think the SET should have more purity and openness in the midrange. I'll put them in next week.

Once everything is dialed in, I would like to have a few Guys over. Not a full blown rave , but I can fit more people in this one more then my old one.😉

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 04:26:00 AM »
Sounds like a good start Joe. Best of luck with them.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.