Author Topic: Throneroom Acoustics  (Read 5618 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Throneroom Acoustics
« on: March 20, 2015, 12:59:41 PM »
I was playing around while sitting on the throne. The separate throneroom in the master bathroom is about 3x6x8. I usually whistle all the time, and I noticed a resonance on one of the notes I was whistling. So I found the exact freq and listened to it ring with short whistle impulses at that freq. Interesting tone, interesting overtones, I thought, maybe those are the other room dimensions singing along. So I lowered the pitch of my whistle until I found the next largest resonance. Sure enough at an exact frequency it rang like a bell, for a good 2 seconds after the impulse. A little higher or lower pitch and it would not ring. Then I went lower to find the room height slap echo mode, easy to find, rang true. No towels or rugs in there just 6 hard walls and a toilet. I am easily entertained.

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Throneroom Acoustics
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 07:07:30 PM »
Pretty funny,

If you could only check out SG Custom Sound. In Scott's shop he has a toilet with speakers built in.

I can't find a picture of the front but it does exist. Here is a small picture.

In the throneroom the previous owner of our house put in JBL ceiling speakers in the ceiling and they have been ok.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 07:30:50 AM »
  Richidoo if you eat some baked beans one can add bass notes.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 09:32:05 AM »
I just put a pretty pricey paradigm ceiling speaker by my throne in the throne room.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 10:13:13 AM by Werd »
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 09:42:13 PM »
  Richidoo if you eat some baked beans one can add bass notes.

charles

:lol: