Author Topic: July 4 Fireworks  (Read 5923 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
July 4 Fireworks
« on: July 04, 2016, 07:29:10 PM »
Where did you see fireworks? Any good?

My neighbor set off some serious heavy duty stuff. I've never seen big stuff like that outside a legit public fireworks display. Sounded like mortar rounds launching.

My kids gave me a box of walmart type fireworks for my BD a couple weeks ago so we lit them tonight in the driveway. Fancy sparklers, a few pops, nothing over 10 feet high. But we had fun, and it brought back fond fireworks memories from childhood.

I used to skip school (7th grade, 12yo) ride the subway into Boston by myself, walk down a back alley in the north end with $100 in my pocket, give it to a teenager who disappeared around the corner with my bag, came back with it full of fireworks. Then I rode public transportation home with bag full of contraban and then sold it to kids in school, and terrorize my neighborhood all summer.

One idiot kid lit some bottle rockets i sold him from the back of the schoolbus on the way to school, throwing them out the window. One went up , came down, went inside the window of the car following behind, which was the gym teacher from our school, blew up on his front seat. That cost me a week detention. Ahhh youth!

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: July 4 Fireworks
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 07:03:10 PM »
Our incorporated village puts on a fireworks display in one of our parks. We always get there about 3 hours early and save a nice spot, pick up a bucket of KFC and bring some coolers and lawn chairs. Several neighbors meet us there and we have a grand old time until the fireworks start. It gets pretty crowded by then and they put on a really good show with explosions going off almost over our heads.

been doing this for 25 years now and have never been disappointed. My local taxes at work.

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Re: July 4 Fireworks
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 04:01:09 PM »
Where did you see fireworks? Any good?

My neighbor set off some serious heavy duty stuff. I've never seen big stuff like that outside a legit public fireworks display. Sounded like mortar rounds launching.

My kids gave me a box of walmart type fireworks for my BD a couple weeks ago so we lit them tonight in the driveway. Fancy sparklers, a few pops, nothing over 10 feet high. But we had fun, and it brought back fond fireworks memories from childhood.

I used to skip school (7th grade, 12yo) ride the subway into Boston by myself, walk down a back alley in the north end with $100 in my pocket, give it to a teenager who disappeared around the corner with my bag, came back with it full of fireworks. Then I rode public transportation home with bag full of contraban and then sold it to kids in school, and terrorize my neighborhood all summer.

One idiot kid lit some bottle rockets i sold him from the back of the schoolbus on the way to school, throwing them out the window. One went up , came down, went inside the window of the car following behind, which was the gym teacher from our school, blew up on his front seat. That cost me a week detention. Ahhh youth!

Rich,  I did much the same as a kid the same age.  For me, it was in '64.  I grew up in north NJ and took the train & subway into NYC/Chinatown and, for like $10, bought all sorts of stuff that my folks would have killed me over if they knew.  Amazing that we never got caught, but we sure blew up lots of stuff ;-)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:04:13 PM by mdconnelly »