Author Topic: Synergistic Research QRT  (Read 12978 times)

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Synergistic Research QRT
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 10:01:03 AM »
The prices of these, compared to what they actually are (at least the passive devices) smacks of audiophile overpriced hysteria. I guarantee someone will make an imitation inexpensive machined clone of these within 6 months.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 10:27:23 AM »
These types of tweaks are so alluring, yet they do seem to come and go.  I know I spent a good bit on various Alan Maher power gizmos and crystals some years back - and while they did make a positive difference, the buzz about them seems to have all but died.

Charles - Syn Research claims these should be applied in order (Level 1, Level 2, etc...).  Your post seemed to imply that the biggest bang was after Level 4 - applying directly to the speakers. Have you tried them "out of order"?  For example - Level1 plus on speakers (skipping Levels 2 & 3)? 

While I'm certainly intrigued (my new room needs treatment yet WAF is a challenge),  I've also got a health dose of skepticism given past "investments" of this sort.   Good on them for their 30 day eval period.

Have not tried them out of order. FEQ not yet. The FEQ may not be worth the the difference. We shall find out.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 10:30:04 AM »
These types of tweaks are so alluring, yet they do seem to come and go.  I know I spent a good bit on various Alan Maher power gizmos and crystals some years back - and while they did make a positive difference, the buzz about them seems to have all but died.

Charles - Syn Research claims these should be applied in order (Level 1, Level 2, etc...).  Your post seemed to imply that the biggest bang was after Level 4 - applying directly to the speakers. Have you tried them "out of order"?  For example - Level1 plus on speakers (skipping Levels 2 & 3)? 

While I'm certainly intrigued (my new room needs treatment yet WAF is a challenge),  I've also got a health dose of skepticism given past "investments" of this sort.   Good on them for their 30 day eval period.

Yes AM devices are affective still using one at bundle. That is it NO MORE needed. The HFT are refundable which is key.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 10:38:17 AM »
  These are not tweaks IMO they are a well designed room treatment alternative.
     WAF is off the charts. They work. They have a refund policy for 30 days, no one is pulling your leg.
    What can one do for a room for $299 ? Not much. Phase one just may be enough.
      No rush no hype all I am conveying here is try them. With TWL plus cords no need for Alan Maher crystals. Just to much of a good thing. To many crystals can muck it up, right Pete ?

charles

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 11:32:14 AM »
Agreed on the crystals.  I've removed most of them now and am using nothing but Pete's TWL PCs across the board.

My room is still going through some changes as the result of recent remodeling so I'll wait until the dust settles (literally) to try the HFTs.   

I'm looking forward to hearing more on your experience with these.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 12:08:52 PM »
  Me as well using all TWL plus cords. But but With the Uber try experimenting with cryo only TWL cord. Like AM devices maybe to much of a good thing.
     Using a combo of both. Also try cryo only for CDP or transport as sometimes the crystal affects the clock. AHHHH who knew.
   I'm playing with some prototype TWL cords now. Cannot divulge the difference  in design all I'll say is save some money.  :rofl: :rofl:

charles