Author Topic: Qobuz rough launch  (Read 2249 times)

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
Qobuz rough launch
« on: April 07, 2019, 03:19:41 PM »
I was using the European based Qobuz during my trial but since I have switched to the US and the service has not been good. 60-70 % of my selections are not available on Qobuz. Is anyone else experience similar?
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Qobuz rough launch
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 11:17:52 AM »
I was using the European based Qobuz during my trial but since I have switched to the US and the service has not been good. 60-70 % of my selections are not available on Qobuz. Is anyone else experience similar?

One reason I haven’t subscribed is because of issues that you describe. It’s very likely that as long as Tidal stays afloat, I’ll stick with them.
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 05:07:52 AM »

I did the same thing, but when I started using the US beta version (another 90 day trial) I primarily used it through Roon.   The Roon integration is amazing and the sound quality was just as good as streaming my local music.   I was  particularly impressed with the availability of hi-res music from Qobuz.   I did find a few albums that were shown in Qobuz (via Roon) but were not (yet?) available.  At the time, I chalked up it to part of the initial beta release.

Ultimately I let me subscription lapse.   I definitely prefer building my own music library (such a dinosaur) rather than using a service such as Qobuz or Tidal.   Although I really did like the idea of being able to buy albums through Qobuz at a substantial discount.  Unfortunately, that was not part of the beta trial.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 05:10:36 AM by mdconnelly »

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 05:44:46 AM »
I agree that the integration with Roon is excellent. I find the SQ very good, though I only did a quick A/B I think files played locally off CD or HDD sound a bit better but such is the tradeoff for convenience.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

DRN

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 06:06:15 AM »
I cancelled after the freebie too.
Glitchy and the library size.
I'll check it out again later.