Author Topic: North Carolina tornadoes.....  (Read 10516 times)

lonewolfny42

North Carolina tornadoes.....
« on: April 17, 2011, 06:41:14 AM »
Watching the news this morning....looked like some very bad damage...hope you guys are OK. :shock:

A Lowe's home improvement store in Sanford, N.C. ...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 06:43:09 AM by lonewolfny42 »

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Re: North Carolina tornadoes.....
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 08:02:39 AM »
Just huge amounts of damage in the southeastern US from yesterday's weather. There were over one hundred tornado reports. Raleigh got rocked by tornados at about 4 PM with devastating results. We're all thinking good thoughts for our friends in NC and the surrounding areas that you and your families are all safe and sound.

Here is a link to some of the Weather Channel videos related to the storm. Scarey stuff.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/videos/first-look-at-raleigh-damage-20354

At times like this audio seems downright unimportant.

Be safe guys.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 08:58:28 AM »
   Hopefully are buddies and families are safe and sound. Are prayers are with you on Palm Sunday.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

mgalusha

Re: Re: North Carolina tornadoes.....
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »
Indeed, I hope all are well.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Offline Bill O'Connell

• Obsessively Audiophilic
    • http://www.morningstaraudio.com
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 09:21:07 PM »
Carl, Rich, and your family and friends, I hope your all ok.
Bill O'Connell,
Retired /Morningstar Audio/Eastern Electric distributor for North America
847-255-1150
"If your playing more than 3 chords your just showing off"  John Lee Hooker

Offline tmazz

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 10:34:07 PM »
I just saw on the news that the same storm system has also caused all kinds of flooding problems in NJ. Here hoping that all of our com-padres in the Garden State are free from harm as well.

That was one bad-@ss weather system.  :shock:

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Bigfish8

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 04:20:25 AM »
We were at our place just outside of Cape Charles, VA for the weekend and we were glued to the TV late Saturday watching the storm system.  As soon as we received the news about the tornado in Raleigh we called our neighbors to find out if our house was still standing.  We were told we had received a lot of rain and had debris in the yard but other wise our area, North Raleigh, was spared. 

Vera and I arrived home yesterday to find everything intact.  My heart goes out to all of the folks that lost love ones and/or their homes.

Ken

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 05:09:20 AM »
With the exception of a lot of rain and downed branches, Durham was relatively spared as well (at least to my knowledge).   But that storm kicked some serious NC ass on Saturday, the likes of which we normally do not see here.

Thanks to all for the well-wishes.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 05:46:11 AM »
I was in GA for AXPONA, my family was at a baseball game. They had trouble getting home afterward, all the roads were blocked with downed trees. But our neighborhood was spared. A tornado passed about a mile away from our house.

When I worked in Sanford 10 years ago I used to hang out in that Lowes on my lunchbreak.

Offline tmazz

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 06:04:14 AM »
I was in GA for AXPONA, my family was at a baseball game. They had trouble getting home afterward, all the roads were blocked with downed trees. But our neighborhood was spared. A tornado passed about a mile away from our house.

When I worked in Sanford 10 years ago I used to hang out in that Lowes on my lunchbreak.

Wow, that give new meaning to the saying "a miss is good as a mile."  :shock:

Glad to hear that everything is OK with you and yours. Has anybody heard from Carl?

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 08:06:20 AM »
I was talking with someone today that said that while she was 10 miles from the nearest tornado touchdown, her yard and neighborhood was littered with housing debris - insulation, shingles, wood, metal, etc...   Wow...

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 08:15:33 AM »
Thanks for thinking of us, everyone I know is fine.  I was at school all weekend and was wondering how Rich was doing.. that area got a lot more action than ours.  So, it's a relief to hear all is well. There was a 'V' shaped area SW of Raleigh and Durham that my wife and I were in that just didn't get much rain or rough weather.  Just a lot of wind and a little rain.  I was extra concerned for my wife since I was going to be an hour away all day.  I think good intentions from everyone for Christine and the baby-to-be have been helping us. 8)

Thanks again for the kind thoughts.  

-Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 09:15:29 AM »
You are definitely in our thoughts Carl, and Christine. And also thinking about Shane and his big wedding day coming up soon. Lots of great blessings for local ANers this year.

Just as the storm was rolling in my oldest was playing a baseball game in west Cary. They have been the bad news bears since their brand new team started the season, 0-10. But they were ahead 9-2 after 4 (of 6)  innings. The top of the 5th the other team came back strong 9-8 when the hand of God opened up the heavens and forced the ballgame, cancelling out the 6 runs they had scored and handing our Wildcats their first, and hopefully not the only win of 2011 season. The drive home was a deluge, and Julie tried 5 different roads back to our house which were all blocked by downed trees. The last road she tried was blocked but had firemen on hand who cleared the road pretty quickly. Henry was home catching up on PS3 when the storm hit. He huddled in the pantry closet on the phone with Julie when the storm went over. Brave little fella!

manaox2

Re: Re: North Carolina tornadoes.....
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 09:28:53 PM »
Storm passed by very closely, but all is well with me and those close. Glad to hear you guys were spared, very thankful myself.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 12:45:34 PM »
Good to hear everyone is safe and your systems are still running and producing beautiful music. Now get up off that damn couch and go pick up your yards.  :o
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.